Technical Program Manager, Ad Platforms
Seattle, Washington, United States; Los Angeles, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 904319BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Dec. 20, 2021
Job Summary:Business Operations is centered around three core functions: Program and Project Management, Portfolio Management and operational logistics and planning to support the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) organization. This position is part of the Program Management team which manages the execution of DMED-Technology programs: including scope, delivery schedules and budgets in addition to identifying dependencies, managing risks and quantifying business impact. This role collaborates with product, engineering and business stakeholders to understand and rationalize strategic roadmaps while providing easy to understand, transparent reporting to leadership through-out the delivery lifecycle.
Within the Business Operations organization the Program Manager for Advertising Platforms is responsible for managing small through large-scale, complex projects in the Advertising Platforms area from initiation through closure. These initiatives involve daily hands-on management of technology activities utilizing Agile and Scrum based software development practices; and includes working cross-functionally with multiple technical teams to effectively deliver business solutions. This role requires leadership competencies, technical (PM) experience, and communications skills. The Program Manager is responsible for managing projects using DMED processes, tools and methodologies; this includes the development of the scope of work and the management of time, work-breakdown, cost, risk, and communications.
Responsibilities:Program Manager Accountabilities:
• Accountable for driving execution and delivery of technical programs from start to finish
• Develops a program plan comprised of parallel projects and multiple project managers that collectively produce work that has significant business impact
• Monitors & adjusts program plan to respond to unplanned changes, ensuring program is progressing to meet business goals
• Creates governance practices and provides senior-level leadership oversight and control for the program
• Implements fiscal practices and controls, authorizing, recording, and reporting on program expenditures & ROI
• Develops infrastructure needed to support the program
Problem Solving & Decision making:
• Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some
• Anticipates, identifies and works to mitigate risks to prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
• Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects
• Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings
• Work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones
• Operates within the context of approved methods
Communications / Interactions:
• Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization
• Facilitate and drive meetings/workshops to conclusion and/or actionable outcome
• Develop and deliver outcomes/results/notes in a manor appropriate to the level of the audience
• Presents issues to and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts
• Demonstrates proficiency of technical project/program domain and able to confidently discuss with project team, neighbors, and stakeholders
Basic Qualifications:• Typically has 8 or more years of progressively complex related experience with 0-3 years management experience
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Expert knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle; experience in streaming media software, broadcast technology, and/or media engineering preferred
• Mastery of project management tools used in business/project area
• Mastery in Agile or Waterfall Project Management methods that may include Scrum, Kanban, and/or Scaled Agile
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.