Technical Program ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 897699BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
The content experience and delivery platform teams build backend services, APIs and capabilities to enable a personalized viewer experience on a wide array of platforms serving tens of millions of users. You will shepherd the development process for related teams, ensuring that it is both effective and tailored to the team’s domain. You will also be a key partner to the functional managers of your team members, ensuring that they have visibility into team members' engagement and contribution.
This role involves a combination of team-level and cross-team program-level planning and execution across multiple teams and projects as outlined below.
Responsibilities:At the team level, this role will be responsible for team project deliverables through running scrum ceremonies and other related team-level project management duties
- Scrum master / scrum ceremonies
- Backlog management
- Stakeholder management
- Cross-team communication
Manage the scrum teams’ backlog and day-to-day execution of the backlog. This is to ensure the on-time delivery of related projects while meeting the incoming requests to meet Disney
Streaming’s business needs:
- Regularly hold agile scrum ceremonies, such as daily standup, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint review/retro, etc.
- Triage and prioritize the incoming work/requests to the scrum team.
- Update scrum team’s road map and communicate changes to stakeholders
- Capture and communicate standard metrics such as velocity, committed to completed ratio, etc.
- Evolve practices and ceremonies as needed.
Develop project plans across teams that detail the development and deployment schedule for the implementation of the projects above, rollout and operational adoption. This includes:
- Collaborating with architects, development, DevOps, QA teams and operations partners to confirm requirements, levels of effort, and schedules
- Identifying dependencies between groups and scheduling work as needed.
- Planning service launch, including communications with product & operations users.
- Planning the transition from development to operational state.
- Identifying and managing areas of impact for related and tangential internal systems and components
Drive and monitor the execution of the plan above. This includes:
- Documenting impacts and work required by software engineering teams using Jira, Confluence, and related tools.
- Confirming acceptance of work by the business users and external auditors
- Documentation and communication to stakeholders of project states, progress, updates and issues
- Managing the schedule and on-time delivery
- Experience with backend services, APIs, and microservice architecture
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object-oriented development, build processes, change control and release management
- - 2+ years experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.