Design Manager, Retail Creative, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 10056218 Location Seoul, South Korea Business Consumer Products Games & Publishing Date posted Jul. 14, 2023
Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterized by continuous learning, development and achievement.
The Design Manager of APAC Retail Creative will be responsible for the design development of Disney’s APAC retail design and retail brand toolkits which will span the entire portfolio of Brands and Franchises - Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Film, 20th Century Studio, National Geographic and more.
The Design Manager will work as a team member of APAC Retail Creative team and based in Seoul, Korea to lead in licensing retail design approval, innovative retail design solutions, and new retailer design pitch for Korea.
- Reporting directly to the Senior Design Manager (based in Shanghai), you will be responsible for working within the APAC Retail Creative team to participate in developing strategic retail design, and retail guide development for APAC cross TWDC brands.
- Ability to lead brand-level retail toolkits projects across all kinds of retail scope. For example, from flagship store, shop in shop, to massive market retail corner.
- Ability to review and approve licensee’s retail design with upholding TWDC brand standards. Providing on-brand retail design guidance to licensees in time.
- Able to learn TWDC brands archive quickly and apply suitable graphic assets into retail design to create on-brand retail design and on trends that are highly relevant to local consumers.
- Manage the flow of multi-projects to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Participate in the creation of retail Vision for brand and key initiatives with TWDC brands and franchises.
- Retail design execution in both 2D and 3D. Ability to convey design concepts quickly and build a storytelling presentation for retail design pitch.
- In-depth knowledge of the local Marketplace with an understanding of the competitive market, consumers, tech, and retail trends.
- Knowledge of licensing merchandising best practices, with proven experience in retail presentation.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate creative ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams.
- Able to establish processes for new scope of work if necessary.
- Liaison with internal project stakeholders including - Marketing, Commercial, Creative, Product design, Content Partners (Studios) and Brand Management teams.
- Manage and lead outside consultants and agencies.
- A minimum of 6 years working experience in the Entertainment or Brand-side enterprise or Retail design agency for Retail design.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in Retail Design Management role.
- Ability to work independently on design projects.
- Ability to identify retail trends relevant for each brand and apply them into strategic retail design plans.
- Strong working knowledge in graphic design for retail development of different categories.
- A team player and proactive problem solver.
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay flexible with work deliverables.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth work multi-cultural environment.
- Good understanding of the licensing industry is a plus.
- Proficient in presentation tools including Microsoft Office and Keynote, and professional design softwares such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketchup
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Business fluent in English
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Consumer Products Games & Publishing:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC, which is part of a business we call Consumer Products Games & Publishing.