Already applied?View Dashboard
Accounting ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687138BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 03, 2019
Job Summary:As part of regional controllership team, the role is expected to have a strong understanding the business (including commercial interpretation of business events), developing / implementing governance and process framework for accurately recording and reporting for the business (including management accounting) and its operating results that comply with USGAAP / internal policy requirements. The role also requires strong analytical and review skills.
The role is also responsible to adjust the USGAAP results to each of the local GAAPs in Asia Pacific Region to comply with each country/region’s local statutory requirements including coordinate and support external auditors to conclude audit of the legal entities in Asia Pacific Region.
The role requires a strong understanding of taxation principles (both direct taxes and indirect taxes) and legal principles (especially contract law). The person will partner with in house tax team and legal teams on technical matters to ensure the tax requirements and local statutory compliances are met.
The role also requires a strong understanding of ERP systems (SAP).
The role requires a string process orientation
The role is responsible to maintain the internal controls which impact financial compliance, coordinate with management audit team for internal audits.
The role needs exceptionally strong leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work in a cross cultural environment. The role is expected to have regular and independent communication with senior management, peers in finance and other functions / business. The role will lead a team with strong ability to Coach, mentor and guide the team members for the responsible areas. The role should be able to create a strong leadership pipeline.
To sum up the person in the role is expected to have a strong:
- Business orientation,
- Control orientation,
- Functional knowledge in finance, accounting and reporting & tax.
- Leader with an ability to challenge the constant and manage change in a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Lead the team to prepare statutory / management financial reports under each local GAAP / US GAAP
- Coordinate and support internal and external audit processes (including quarterly reviews and year end US GAAP audits, APAC country statutory audits and SOX compliance)
- Work closely with auditors to finalize and agree upon audited statutory accounts for APAC legal entities
- Work closely with corporate tax team for tax filing and tax compliances requests
- Managing and engaging the team members that will effectively support above responsibilities
- Maintain a collaborative environment across functions
- Projects as assigned
- Accountable to the regional controller for all the responsibilities
- Accountable to the local CFOs’ to ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial transactions and data
- CPA or equivalent – A MUST
- Solid Knowledge of both USGAAP and IFRS
- Written and verbal English fluency
- Experience in working with both Big 4 audit firms and multinational company, preferred in a regional role
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial and management reporting deliverables
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring financial controls
- Experience in leading teams
- Strong understanding of compliance implications and controls impacting business areas
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time delivery of effective solutions
- Decision-making in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive enthusiasm and to inspire teamwork with a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated strong negotiating, mentoring, influencing, organizational, planning and partnership skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on organizational mission and values
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later