Already applied?View Dashboard
Analyst, Accounts Payable Services - English & Japanese SpeakerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678227BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Job Summary:The Payables Operations Financial Analyst is responsible for enforcing compliance with Disney’s Accounts Payable (AP) policies, including but not limited to, the vendor on-board process and vendor compliance audit, while working with internal clients and external vendors to ensure defects in the process are resolved timely. Within AP scope, the Financial Analyst will also focus on root-cause analysis and corrective actions, maintaining vendor master policy and structure, assist and identify areas of opportunity for change that will positively impact customer satisfaction and value. This role will be required to collaborate and manage relationships with internal partners, stakeholders and suppliers to identify/ propose process improvements that will drive efficiencies. Position reports directly to the Manager, Accounts Payable (DWSS).
- Auditing and approving supplier and proxy requests via the Disney Supplier Management Portal (DSMP)
- Facilitate stakeholder and supplier relationships in the APAC region
- Ensure internal controls are followed and preserve integrity of the vendor master database to mitigate risk to company data and/or assets
- Partner with key internal clients to correct errors, identify the root cause of deficiencies and lead appropriate process change efforts to reduce recurrence
- Support Casual Buyers, stakeholders and suppliers within the APAC region
- Ensure compliance with all applicable statutory regulations and Company policies/procedures, as they relate to the areas of accounts payable
- Ensure compliance with country-specific guidelines related to tax reporting codes and withholding requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
- 2 years Accounts Payable, Accounting or equivalent experience, preferably with a large-scale, multi-national employer
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access
Preferred Qualifications:• SAP system knowledge
• Experience working in a mature shared services environment
• Experience with a multinational employer
• Experience working in a multicultural environment
• Ability to speak and write in Japanese
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical subjects/audiences
• Ability to complete on-time delivery assigned tasks
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Decision-making in a fast paced environment
• Understanding of compliance implications and controls impacting business areas
• Proactive and works well in diverse teams
• Ability to work with team members in a highly collaborative, efficient manner
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later