Already applied?View Dashboard
Analyst , Accounts Payable Services - English & Korean SpeakerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 674431BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 30, 2019
Job Summary:The Analyst, Payables Operations is responsible for enforcing compliance with Disney’s Accounts Payable (AP), including but not limited to, purchase order (PO) exceptions; achieving targeted invoice data matching/posting goals; while working with internal clients and external vendors to ensure information is accurate and corrected for timely payments. Within AP scope, the Analyst will also focus on AP account reconciliation; monitor blocked invoices and perform ad hoc research on exceptions. This role will be required to collaborate with internal partners, stakeholders and suppliers to identify/ propose process improvements that will reduce/ eliminate defects and drive efficiencies. Position reports directly to the Assistant Manager, Payables Operations.
- Processing, auditing and approving invoices within the SAP enterprise resource planning system
- Support stakeholders and suppliers in the APAC region
- Partner with key suppliers, Casual Buyer, and Sourcing & Procurement to correct account issues
- Ensure internal controls are followed and preserve integrity of the vendor master database to mitigate risk to company data and/or assets
- Partner with key internal clients to correct errors, identify the root cause of deficiencies and recommend appropriate process changes to reduce recurrence Support Casual Buyers, stakeholders and suppliers within the APAC region
- Ensure compliance with all applicable statutory regulations and Company policies/procedures, as they relate to the areas of accounts payable and travel/expense management
- Ensure accounting entries are accurately reflected within SAP and adjusted accordingly in the supplier’s records
- Ensure compliance with country-specific guidelines related to tax reporting codes and withholding requirements
- Process off-cycle and emergency payment requests
- Special ad-hoc tasks as assigned
- Fluent in both English and Korean.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related major
- 1 years Accounts Payable, Travel/Expense Management, Accounting or equivalent experience, preferably with a large-scale employer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to clearly and concisely articulate business issues and frame-up solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access
- Experience working with invoice auto posting software, such as Brainware is preferred
- SAP system knowledge
- Experience with a multinational employer
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze complex business/operational/technical data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical subjects/audiences
- Ability to complete on-time delivery assigned tasks
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Decision-making in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of compliance implications and controls impacting business areas
- Proactive and a works well in diverse teams
- Ability to work with team members in a highly collaborative, efficient manner
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later