Already applied?View Dashboard
APAC IT Purchasing OfficerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 623520BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 27, 2018
Job Summary:The purpose of this role is to support the IT purchasing for APAC. For regular IT equipment and service purchases the IT Purchasing Officer will place the order after determining the vendor and item code based on the end users request in D-Tools IT. This role will support ad-hoc IT purchases by working closely with the IT departments, approving shopping carts and managing the goods receipt and invoicing processes.
Responsibilities:Purchase to Pay (P2P):
- Place orders for IT equipment and service either through raising a shopping cart or selecting the order from a catalogue.
- Approve shopping cart requests for ad-hoc IT purchases.
- Track delivery and perform goods receipts in SAP.
- Process PO and Non PO Invoices.
- Submit emergency payment requests
- File invoices in accordance with local statutory requirements
- Work closely with the APAC Service Centre (ASC) to ensure invoices are paid on a timely basis
- Partner with the business to drive policy compliance and partner with internal stakeholders to improve efficiencies
- Work with business to ensure the correct information is captured on the PO. For example, Commodity Code and Cost Centre
- Ensure the requestor is complying with company policies and minimum control standards
- Provide timely advice to the business on correct purchasing channels
- Partner with IT sourcing managers to ensure the correct vendors are selected, suppliers are contracted correctly and understand if there are opportunities for sourcing to create additional value
- Manage defects such as blocked invoices, GRIR balances, debit balances etc.
- Work closely with the Sourcing, Continuous Improvement and ASC to streamline processes, optimize resources and deliver value
- Directly reporting to Sourcing & Procurement Manager or other delegates
- Accountable to business unit / budget holder, Sourcing, ASC, Finance and Controllership
- Must work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, ensure commitment to Company policies, procedures and objectives
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the IT Procurement process advantageous
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience in a customer service role advantageous
- Degree or relevant business experience
- Good level of written and oral English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good self-management and the ability to work well with multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Innovative and continually looking for ways to do things better
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).