Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant HR Manager, Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 588569BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 06, 2018
Job Summary:An value added business partner through working closely with business leaders and internal HR COE team to develop people strategies and tactics on continuous improvement of organization efficiency; talent acquisition and retention; organization capability building; performance management; and culture and engagement, according to the short, mid and long term business development needs.
An integral value creating HR generalist with the specialist support of HR COE - recruitment, C&B, L&D to integrating and directing relevant human resources activities and initiatives to drive the performance objectives.
An effective expert to implement and track the effectiveness of people strategy and tactics in flawless implementation and compliance in all levels, getting the right tools, guidance and coaching with leadership team to demonstrate the result of building cast member’s capability and business capacity.
An internal champion of employ relations to direct a series of employee relations program that includes grievance handling, cast members complaints, standards of conduct, labor disputes administration as well as the kind of activities to enhance internal cast member relationship.
In your role as an Assistant Manager, HR Business Partner, you will support the Corporate client groups for The Walt Disney Company in China across multiple segments include Corporate, Direct-to-Consumer & International (DTCI), and Disney Parks Experience & Consumer Product (DPECP). You will contribute to the success of these groups through culture creation, change management and organizational effectiveness initiatives.
Translating business strategies into people planning/ initiatives
- Provide daily HR business Partner support to multiple client groups.
- Join and involve in management meetings, e.g. strategic planning, business meetings, and major functional activities to understand the existing and potential people issues and opportunities in the relevant segment.
- Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
- Foster leadership success as a proactive partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management, as well as leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights to inform decisions
- Lead change management efforts around culture and process evolution
Consultation and people solutions for responsible function
- Provide subject matter expertise to leaders on building organizational capability through work-force planning and support for manpower planning, structure fulfillment, talent retention, performance management and culture building with the resources of HRCOE to enable the sustainable achievement of business results.
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of people strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
- Guide leaders across different levels to build leadership capabilities and address employee issues.
- Work on Offer consultation and HR initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness including:
- Talent management/retention & Succession Planning
- Employee engagement & performance management
- Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
- Investigate and supervise investigations of issues affecting employer/employee relations or compliance with regulations by conducting interviews, reviewing data and discussing issues with involved parties.
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
Main KPIs (including but not limited to)
Share responsibility with business leader in
- Turnover Rate
- Engagement score
- Leadership score
- Talent pipeline and internal succession rate
- Recruitment lead time
- Project implementation and aligned target measurement
- Bachelor degree or above required
- Minimum 6-8 years HR experience in MNC organization, at least 2 years in HRBP role.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
- Strong coaching skills and ability to influence others
- Strong organizational savvy with experience working in an matrix and diversified organization Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
- Demonstrated ability to work within ambiguity and exercise sound judgment
- A track record of learning quickly and over delivering against expectation
- Familiar with China labor law, regulations and etc.
- High level personal integrity and credibility
- Data Analysis Skills
- Have a high entrepreneurial spirit and creativity to grow and improve the business.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to analyze and act upon system-driven business data
- Project Management
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).