Assistant Store Manager
Shanghai, China (Mainland)
As a Store Manager at The Disney Store, you play the role of a brand ambassador by representing the Disney brand to Cast Members and Guests. You will devlelop a high energy work environment that supports the achievement of all Company goals and initatives while inspiring Cast and Store Leadership to achieve maximum performance levels through daily feedback and performance management. The Store Managerl leads the team in fostering teamwork and collaboration through the store, with peers and Home Base partners, achieving exceptional financial results.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Skilled presenter
Job Summary:Disney Store, China is a delightful, world-class place of products and experiences that bring Disney’s very best stories to life.
We generate growth and embrace every opportunity to make our guests, and each other, smile, laugh and dream.
- Storytelling is Our Legacy
- Exceptional Guest Service is Our Standard
- We Insist on Quality, Value and Innovation
- Continuous Improvement Drives Success
- Integrity and Transparency Guide Us
- Challenge Brings Possibilities
- Develop pro-active approach to all dishonesty issues by monitoring patterns and taking corrective action.
- Continually review and analyze company processes to reduce shrink exposure and improve Guest Service.
- Partner with Home Base departments, Inventory Control, Merchants, Operations, Employee Relations and Legal Counsel as appropriate.
- Develop and implement Loss Prevention Training Programs.
- Conduct operational audits to confirm compliance to all required Loss Prevention programs. Track performance and report findings and recommendations to Store Operations and other Home Base departments as appropriate.
- Support security needs related to 3rd party guarding, theft issues and talent and/or special events.
- Responsible for Physical Security methods and systems.
- Support new store design/remodel team in evaluating security/LP risks.
- Ensure Distribution Center policies and Procedures support appropriate shrink reduction controls.
- Develop and manage enterprise exception reporting tools for both stores to reduce loss exposure.
- Act as liaison to Corporate Security and Crisis Management Departments.
- Develop pro-active, analytical approach to safety issues by monitoring data to identify trends for corrective action.
- Oversee safety awareness programs and audits.
- Manage Safety Programs that support General Liability and Product Safety initiatives.
- Conduct operational audits to confirm compliance to all required safety programs. Track performance and report findings and recommendations to Loss Prevention, Corporate Risk Management and Store Operations.
- Develop and provide timely and relevant business-specific safety communications and topics. Utilize Safety communication collateral and ensure safety communication is current.
- Oversee maintenance related safety corrections.
- Support new store design/remodel team in evaluating safety.
- Responsible for keeping current with new or revised safety regulations to ensure on-going compliance.
- Acts as liaison to Corporate Risk Management & Safety Departments.
- Manage Emergency Preparedness and Business Contingency Planning efforts.
- Manage and prioritize information flow and activities within the department.
- Analyze all point of sale reports timely and investigate/report as appropriate.
- Develop and manage enterprise case management system (PPM) - ensure case reports and LP/Safety statistical reports are updated and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide senior team monthly KPI reporting.
- Monitor stock loss data to develop appropriate action plans and programs.
- Manage expenses to achieve department fiscal budget goals.
• Foster a sense of teamwork throughout The Disney Store China organization.
• Ensure The Disney Store China policies and procedures support corporate guidelines and are added, updated and enforced.
• Educate and empower store management regarding Loss Prevention, Fraud review, Safety, Crisis Management and Business Continuity procedures.
• Develop and direct field based training materials to support New Hire, and annual training needs.
• Update other Home Base departments on all appropriate issues.
· Encourages the use of innovation, creative language, technology and product to bring stories to life for internal and external Guests.
· Shares knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for the Disney brand with internal and external Guests.
· Coaches others to achieve results through a sense of purpose, a spirit of cooperation and personal growth.
· Maps product placement to ensure adherence to display guidelines, fits Store architecture and contributes to the overall story being told.
· Ensures that Store is neat, clean, organized and that all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
· Promotes an environment that is inclusive of all Cast Members and the talents that they bring.
· Supports and participates in initiatives that give back and have a positive impact on the internal (Store) community and the external community.
· Adheres to all Company directives which promote the protection and preservation of the environment.
· Develops innovative ideas and encourages creative thinking for establishing best practices that will enhance the environment.
- Internal: The Disney Store China Home Base and Field Cast Members
Global Loss Prevention Team
Corporate Risk Management & Safety team
- External: Vendors and Third Party Services Providers
- Bachelor degree or commensurate experience required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in maintenance and loss prevention in Retail related environment.
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks effectively
- Established time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Exhibited proficiency for business acumen
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a positive attitude
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Good understanding of business and financial concepts and demonstrated ability to lead the team to drive results
- Good command in written and spoken English is preferred
- Communication Skills
- Disney Team Player/Collaboration
- Personal & Professional Style
- Guest Service Orientation
- Business Savvy/Innovation
- Personnel Management
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store (Shanghai) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Access exclusive Cast Member discounts and offers.
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass. You will also receive exclusive Cast Member discounts and offers.