Associate Business Applications ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539951BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 11, 2018
Job Summary:Technology is at the forefront of delivering the magic and enabling the unparalleled vacation experience that makes Walt Disney Parks & Resorts the most visited tourist destinations. The WDP&R Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience.
The Associate Manager looks over different Information Technology projects of the Shanghai Disneyland Resort and manages solutions to support business functions and services.
WDP&R Technology seeks forward-thinking team members with accomplished professional experience who are passionate about delivering a quality product, desire to learn and grow, and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
- Actively participate in the delivery and coordination of multiple business system projects from initial requirements phase to final implementation.
- Manage system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Manage project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Manage software vendor(s).
- Manage staff and Line of Business partners to ensure that project requirements are identified and deliverables are met, including to-be process and gap analysis, specification and design documentation.
- Manage project plan, resources and assist with budget tasks.
- Manage testing environment and participates in testing applications.
- Manage training environment and conduct trainings for users.
- Lead and coach team to deliver and sustain system solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience in IT application system implementation.
- Strong communication skills to interact in a team environment and collaborate with team members internal and external to the organization.
- Strong product analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to develop creative alternatives to resolving complex problems.
- Information Technology Project Management experience.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a project team oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company..
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance team.
- Strong organization skills to balance work and lead projects with attention to detail..
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient in spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft SharePoint development toolset and SharePoint Permission Management and platform maintenance with experience on Portal and workflow design and build is a plus.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.