Already applied?View Dashboard
Category Planning SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 518775BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May. 16, 2018
Job Summary:Manage the validation, planning and execution process of domestic category merchandise strategies to achieve intended cast, guest and business results.
- Manage the assets of our business (receipts, markdowns, markup, and inventory to plan).
- Strategize and develop, with Product Development, annual merchandise/financial plans by department/class.
- Develop assortment plans and SKU count to optimize productivity. Accountable for overall financial deliverables for departments.
- Develop departmental location assortment strategy. Responsible for inventory replenishment, including achievement of fill rate/service level commitments while driving toward purchase order/SKU automation.
- Manage inventory, develop appropriate enter/exit strategies, and flow of product (OTB) to achieve inventory turn objectives.
- Analyze performance on business goals/recommend action plans to maximize results. Monitor performance and adjust plans accordingly.
- Effectively partner with Location Planning, Logistics, Sourcing, Pricing, Product Development and Operations in order to increase efficiency. L
- ead career development of self/cast.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance/accounting, or related disciplines plus 2-3 years of retail background preferred
- Good command of retail math concepts, applications and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated business savy through strategic development, financial management, analytical thinking and problem solving
- Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, buying, inventory and project management
- Working knowledge of merchandise system, data mining, replenishment and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and the ability to develop and manage vendor relationships
- Capable of multi-tasking; strong organization and work process skills
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, partnering and influence skills
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.