Already applied??View Dashboard
Product Design Manager (Central Creative)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 649116BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 25, 2019
Job Summary:Interaction with licensees’ design teams and management teams to pitch new businesses and to conceive seasonal product plans. Interaction with agencies/ artists in creative assets creation.
Responsibilities:PRODUCT DESIGN DIRECTIONS/ PLANS
• Reporting directly to the Senior Design Manager and indirectly to the Product Director, you will be responsible for working within the Central Product team, to develop strategic product plans appropriate for the APAC region.
• Working closely with the DCPI Product Development teams of each countries within the APAC region, with observation of the market’s needs, latest trend analysis, as well as the Company’s (Disney) strategic plans, to drive product design directions.
• Consolidate APAC creative resources and identify the appropriate regions to leverage such assets; and in the areas of opportunity, to create design plans and pitch kits for the appropriate market.
• Ensure to uphold Disney’s standards in quality for designs.
TOP DTR ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Ensure all phases of design and sampling for respective product category from inception to final approval, including Disney IP usage, specification design development, quality, adherence and accountability to design standards and calendar deadlines.
• Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues for each licensee account.
• Working closely with Category Managers to identify the collaboration strategies pertaining to each licensee in pitching new businesses, maintaining, and growing each licensee business.
• Responsible for creating pitch, workshop, and training presentation materials.
• Ensure each licensee’s creative direction is original and does not overlap with other accounts of the same brand positioning.
Basic Qualifications:Key Skills Requirement
• Excellent understanding of product development. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Excellent supervisory skill with sense of responsibility. • Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. • Sophisticated organizational skills and ability to multi task. • Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work multi-cultural environment.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).