Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Trade and Event MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 574215BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 04, 2018
Job Summary:Develops and executes the marketing strategies for The Walt Disney brand and franchise marketing events in China.
- Development, management and planning of company-wide brand and franchise building marketing events, to integrate and support X-LoBs and drive growth for Disney.
- Leverage marketing event and aligned activity calendar/franchise priorities to plan and develop trade mall events, marketing promotions and branded visibility at retails level(specific to key account customers) to expand consumer touch points, maximize overall brand impact and drive business growth.
- Familiar with mix marketing driver implications (on-air/PR/on-line/retail promotion/on-ground) to enlarge the SOV and maximize the success.
- Work closely with cross-LoB teams (Studio / TV Media / DCP etc) on delivering event marketing KPI with quality & timely manner.
- Be responsible for synergy marketing and alliance, franchise building, branded visibility and marketing event execution.
- Plan and own the work process, establishing good working relationships with internal stakeholders/LOBs.
- Responsible for reporting/tracking and analysis.
- Manage budget and able to prioritize projects to meet team objectives.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Marketing for leading multi-national company, 4A ad agency or entertainment related company.
Knowledge & Skill:
- An organized, self-motivated director with an eye for details who is able to successfully implement multiple initiatives, run multiple tasks simultaneously and drive results for the project. The candidate must be a team player and is able to work with internal and external partners seamlessly. The successful candidate must be an avid movie fan. He/she is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Key skills: ability to work independently and manage short deadlines, patience to work through talent/studio approval processes.
- Strong planning and execution skills; experience in handling, planning and overseeing the execution of media plans.
- Communication skills: persuasive, passionate and effective skills in getting point across written and spoken forms.
- Problem solving skills: able to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate solutions effectively
- Analytical skills: able to provide sound recommendations based on good understanding of the media and general business environment.
- Professionalism and integrity, a team player who can perform well under pressure
- Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Bachelor’s degree in a leading university, local or foreign
- MBA degree is preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).