Already applied?View Dashboard
Engineering Services Manager, Fire ControlApply Now Apply Later Job ID 545639BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted 04/11/2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
Responsibilities:Provide primary technical oversight and direction for the troubleshooting, repair, refurbishment, and show quality of SHDR Facility Assets (Mainly focus on park wide fire prevention system and electrical automation systems). Provide leadership to approximately 10 electricians and related maintenance vendors to perform daily preventative and corrective maintenance on a variety of facilities especially on fire preventions equipment. Establish work schedules, shift assignment and work prioritization. Develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation while managing safety, regulatory compliance and productivity. Work with fire safety team to liaise with local fire bureau on variety of field inspection.
- Demonstrate a visible commitment to safety.
- Ensure the safety, reliability and show quality of assigned assets.
- Establish work schedules, shift assignment and work prioritization.
- Guide the electricians to conduct inspection, repair and maintenance on building automation system, fire prevention system, etc. make sure the equipment runs properly; keep record for the maintenance work, and approve the work orders from mechanics;
- Diagnose electrical defect, provide preventative measures, create building automation system and fire prevention system documents archive and maintenance history data; create working procedure for newly added building automation equipment, fire prevention equipment and inspection;
- Manage equipment maintenance service supplier for conducting inspection, maintenance and repair for the equipment/facilities especially fire prevention equipment.
- Implement, comply with and audit fire prevention system and electrical automation systems.
- Develop operation guideline & SOP for electrical automation system, fire prevention system, for quality assurance.
- Assist in the creation and adherence to the departmental Annual Operating Plan (budget).
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring and training of maintenance staff.
- Being point of contact from engineering service side to work with fire safety team to participate the all kinds of fire inspection.
- Complete other assignments as deemed appropriate by his Manager.
- 10 years’ work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in electrical automation or related discipline. Fire prevention system related major will be a plus.
- Excellent electrical engineering background.
- Being familiar with fire codes and standards.
- Experience at Lock Out Tag Out procedure and process.
- Experience working in electrical maintenance environment with knowledge of electrical maintenance work processes, trades, tools, equipment, especially on fire prevention related field.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Over 8 years relevant working experience in complicated electrical automation system
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS);
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Able to read electrical engineering drawings and schematics
- Able to develop management reports, accurately report information, and deliver projects on time.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); AUTOCAD skills preferred.
- Ability to interact with various levels within the company. (Front Line Maintenance Staff, Support Staff, Managers, Engineers, etc.)
- Understand how to identify the hazard material and hazard waste during maintenance and proper treatment methods; understand the fall protection equipment and its correct selection and usage in power distribution equipment maintenance; familiar with maintenance related personal protection equipment types and the correct selection and usage; Understand various dangerous resources control during maintenance in order to prevent the damage from happening; understand the fire protection knowledge and emergency treatment knowledge in working area; familiar with the response and treatment for leakage; familiar with power distribution equipment maintenance working area safety reminder items; understand the damage and accident report and investigation process.
- Familiar with the relevant laws, regulations and industry standards for electrical automation system, building automation system and fire prevention system;
- Available to work Sunday through Saturday, all shifts (i.e., 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) as deemed required by management
- Available to work on holidays
Additional Information:Keyword: shdrprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai Theme Park Co., which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.