Already applied?View Dashboard
Event ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514417BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 04/04/2018
Job Summary:The Event Manager will support Event Marketing Director to develop the activation and event strategies for the China region. Events range from but not limited to: trades shows, conventions, conferences, gala dinners, roadshow activities, retail and hospitality events etc.
Responsibilities:Taking lead to coordinate events activities and work with creative, marketing, logistics, budgets etc.
Day to day event planning and management: budgets, time schedules, briefings, dealing with vendors, venues, other supporting team, all cross LOB communications including meeting notes, to do list, etc.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of production and performance quality.
- Maintaining or improving the operational efficiency and quality of motor sport events.
- Advance all operational aspects of the events from pre-event planning, load in/out process, and most importantly the execution of the event.
- Budget controlling.
- Onsite execution and delivery of projects, production, installation, management of onsite teams, supervision and briefing.
- Supervise all Post-event evaluations.
- Contact / Production & Installation / Execution & follow up.
- 5 – 10 years experiences in either corporate or events marketing/production agency with focus on events, showroom and experiential activations, video and content production experience will be advantage.
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration and persuasive selling.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of deal terms and corporate legal terms.
- Genuine passion for the IP, film, comic industry and field work: must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and go above and beyond the call of duty when the job calls for it.
- Willingness to adapt changes and new approaches.
- Willingness to travel and work overnight when required.
- Bilingual written and verbal: English/Mandarin.
- Eye for details
- Innovative, self-driven and enthusiastic;
- Team player that works well in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Problem solving skills: able to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate solutions effectively.
- Strong planning and execution skills; experience in handling project, partnership, business planning and implementation, account management.
- Communication skills: persuasive, passionate and effective skills in getting point across written and spoken forms.
- Strong computer skills in keynotes, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a leading university, local or foreign, major in Marketing/Advertising Management or Film Related is a plus.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).