Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Director & Regional GM, EastApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669698BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Disney Licensing Date posted May. 27, 2019
Job Summary:This role will lead the regional team to conduct all regional level sales and marketing activities, so as to achieve defined regional sales target and financial objectives, in line with the overall company strategy based on local business environment and customer interactions.
• Participate in company strategy formulation and provide inputs on region specifics and needs
• Develop the regional annual business plan that outlines strategies, targets and plans
• To deepen reach and partnership with new/ existing partners.
• To discover additional growth opportunities in the Region.
• Lead and develop key CPC initiatives to meet business growth needs
• Coordinates with national CPC Franchise team, to explore potential licensees opportunities, as well as to healthy grow existing licensees, with Disney quality and franchise/ age segment tactics in the region
• Expand and manage local online/ offline sales channels and retailers
• Build up integrated local retail platforms (i.e.: B2B events, Popup station & regional sales meeting)
• Direct the establishment of a strong Disney branded marketing presence in the Region for Studio Entertainment market, lead the development and the execution of studio marketing strategy in West Region for assigned movies.
• Coordinates with Studio Team regarding marketing strategies and reporting.
• Works closely with State owned China distributors in the region to ensure maximum usage of marketing materials and content for sales distribution and events
• Enhance direct relationship with local key exhibitors to maximize in-theatre and local area marketing opportunities
• Bring in increasing screens & shows for key releases
• Work closely with other internal divisions to ensure the regional plan is communicated and compliments other LOB’s plans to ensure a company-wide holistic plan.
Budgeting & Reporting:
• Manage regional P&L drivers and financial target responsibilities
• Monitor and control T&E and other expenses in line with the budget for sales and marketing under his / her responsibility
• Provide information for Finance Department in an accurate, timely and properly formatted manner
• Bachelor’s degree in a leading university, local or foreign
• MBA degree is preferred
• Minimum 10 years work experience in Marketing/Sales for leading multi-national company.
• Previous sales and/or retail management and experience in motivating a large non-direct or direct sales force a plus
• The person must be equipped with a strong understanding of China consumer market and the region in particular.
• Success in working in a matrixed multinational corporate environment.
• Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin
Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge & Skill:
• An organized, self-motivated leader with an eye for details who is able to successfully implement multiple initiatives, run multiple tasks simultaneously and drive results for the project. The candidate must be a team player and is able to work with internal and external partners seamlessly. He/she is expected to possess the following qualities:
• Key skills: ability to work independently and manage short deadlines, patience to work through talent/studio approval processes.
• Strong planning and execution skills; experience in handling, planning and overseeing the execution of media plans.
• Communication skills: persuasive, passionate and effective skills in getting point across written and spoken forms.
• Problem solving skills: able to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate solutions effectively
• Analytical skills: able to provide sound recommendations based on good understanding of the media and general business environment.
• Professionalism and integrity, a team player who can perform well under pressure
• Genuine passion for the film industry and marketing field work: candidate must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and go above and beyond the call of duty when the job calls for it.
• Well-developed computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.; Mac knowledge a plus not a must)
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.