Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 652701BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 01, 2019
Job Summary:The Fixed Asset Analyst is responsible for the accounting processes of assets, reporting to current team leader. This role will liaise on a day to day basis with local and regional Finance, and will be expected to have a strong working relationship with all team members. The Analyst is expected to have strong accounting technical knowledge and accounting working experience.
- Perform cost segregation studies on direct purchases and small, non-complex capital projects
- Process creation, modification, transfer and retirement of assets.
- Prepare non-complex quarterly account reconciliations and CapEx reports in reconciliation tool.
- Request clarification of cost and in service dates from business units.
- Prepare backup documentation for the project scope, cost components and completion dates for all assigned capital initiatives. Understanding of company-wide accounting policies and apply relevant policies appropriately.
- Ad-hoc task assigned by assistant manager.
- Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- Reasonable understanding of China GAAP/US GAAP/IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Written and verbal English fluency
- 1+ years of experience working in accounting.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SAP knowledge is plus.
- Strong attention to detail and able to manage to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually reevaluated and adapted
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize based on organizational mission and values
- Strong understanding of compliance implications and controls impacting business areas
- A quick learner and general knowledge of construction project
- Great communication skill in English
- Willingness of sharing the knowledge and provide support to his/her peers
- A great sense of responsibility
- High level of integrity and positive attitude
- A great team player and coordinator
Required EducationBachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).