Already applied?View Dashboard
Industrial EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 499183BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May. 15, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
- Provide analytical decision making support for Shanghai Disney Resort leadership
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities with clients relating to operational performance in productivity and labor efficiency
- Drive continuous efficiency and productivity improvement in operation
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of Industrial Engineering in order to ensure the use of appropriate methodology and tools (e.g., simulation, statistics)
- Apply computer skills at a broad level, including spreadsheets, databases, graphical presentation applications and can oversee development of models using advanced analytical tools
- Apply advanced knowledge of Industrial Engineering, continuous improvement/quality assurance, and various analytical techniques to solve business problems of high complexity
- Require strong project management and execution ability
- Translate and communicate complex analytical/technical information to non-analytical/non-technical audiences at varying levels of leadership
- Complete the task assigned by leader
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics
- 5 – 7+ years of applied Industrial Engineering related experience
- Working experience in big multinational company in manufacture or service industry in process & labor improvement and efficiency & productivity improvement. Better with Operation Excellence experience
- On hand knowledge and deployment experience of 6 Sigma and LEAN
- Fluent Mandarin & English speaking
- Successful consulting experience; including a role in influencing and interfacing with senior level executives
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others to handle multiple priorities in a challenging operational environment
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experienced conducting field studies/data collection efforts and analyses
- Strong analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets, databases, and graphics software
- Mature and can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment under changing conditions
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.