Already applied?View Dashboard
Learning &Development Manager, North AsiaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604541BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 31, 2018
Job Summary:Job Purpose
The Learning & Development Manager has the responsibility to participate in and contribute to the organizational effectiveness and capability development across Greater China and North Asia markets. In this role, as a critical part of learning & organizational development team, the individual will be responsible for designing and providing effective and multiple learning solutions to the internal clients as well as facilitating organization effectiveness intervention in line with the business needs and team dynamics.
Business partnership & consultation:
- As a strategic L&D partner, work with business and HRBPs to observe, diagnose, consult, plan and implement learning and capability development solutions that can support and impact specific business needs and team dynamics.
- Partner with L&OD colleagues to provide 1-stop solution in building capabilities and effectiveness across the organization.
- Research and advise to clients on the latest trend in leadership, talent development and organization effectiveness.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders such as Organization Development, HRBPs, business leaders/managers, external consultant etc. to ensure learning and development priorities are delivered effectively and with maximum ROI.
- Develop core and functional competencies with programs that drive continuous learning and applications;
- Evaluate, develop and implement relevant learning curriculums based on the current and future business needs to ensure the know-how, skill, and performance of employees will be enhanced effectively.
- Design and deliver programs including classroom training, workshop facilitation, speaker series, panel discussion, e learning, team building activities etc.
- Be a master trainer for the relevant main courses, coach and develop a group of internal trainers to support the master course and learning curriculum implementation.
- Liaise with local and global COE Learning & Development partners to leverage relevant tools and training resources.
- Measure and report the impact of L&D interventions using evaluation, metrics, focus groups and performance results.
- Liaise with Learning & Development partners to ensure development of depth management capability, consistency of approach and to leverage common tools and training material.
- Select appropriate external consultant and monitor the quality to sustain ROI of all learning resources.
Organizational effectiveness support:
- Work as a proactive partner and facilitator to support the business transformation and culture change initiatives.
- Help the leaders and groups to identify and solve opportunities by structuring the discussion and intervening when necessary to improve the effectiveness of the group's collaboration and outcomes.
- Design and facilitate workshop, business meetings and team coaching activities etc. in an engaging, energetic and culturally sensitive manner for all level of leaders and employees.
- Leveraging assessment, coaching and development tools, ensuring integration into the business and maximise benefit.
- Join annual learning plan and quarterly learning calendar management.
- Support learning operation management and optimization.
- Brand communications and learning EVP building.
- Experience / best practice sharing and support team members to increase their effectiveness in applying instructional program design and delivery quality.
- Manage ad hoc projects as and when required.
Basic Qualifications:Job Qualifications
- At least 10 years’ experience in designing and delivering training programs e.g. leadership and soft skills in MNC organizations.
- Proven facilitation skills and solid experience in both Chinese and English.
- Demonstrate substantial business acumen with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between learning and business strategy.
- Proven team player with exceptional communication and influencing skills and capable of managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Exhibit capability to identify innovative ways for L&OD to support the business strategy.
- Mature and possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proactive and collaborative team player.
- A good balance between strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Business travel is required for this job.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).