Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Alliance ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 666035BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May. 12, 2019
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort (SHDR) Corporate Alliances identifies, develops and manages complex, long-term, multi-dimensional sponsorships with selected brands and companies. Corporate Alliances team seeks to create value-added and sustainable win-win partnerships that protect and strengthen SHDR’s reputation, brand, and business. This is achieved through development of innovative marketing and sponsorship programs, management of internal and external partner relationships, and creation of new partnerships aligned with SHDR’s business and strategic goals.
Within the Corporate Alliances team, the Manager’s role is to be responsible for the on-going servicing of partnerships once a deal is confirmed that drive the development of deep, strategic relationships between SHDR and partners. The Manager’s also needs to drive incremental revenue and other sources of value within these partnerships.
The Manager is expected to be a self-sufficient and self-driving individual contributor who can actively develop relationships and engage with both external partners and internal key stakeholders. He or she is also expected to support functional leadership in providing sound analysis and recommendations to facilitate internal proposal evaluation and decision making.
Responsibilities:We are seeking candidates with accomplished professional experience and demonstrated leadership, communication and analytical skills to fill the position of Manager, Alliance Management. The Manager’s role is to provide measurable value by:
- Serving as a single point of contact for assigned alliance partners and stakeholders and developing trusted, collaborative and win-win relationships with them
- Understanding partners’ business and marketing goals, strategic initiatives and key issues relevant to their business and industry
- Understanding partners’ needs and priorities relating to their partnership with SHDR, and the key success metrics used to measure the effectiveness of our partnership
- Understanding SHDR’s and key internal stakeholders’ goals, strategies, initiatives, key issues and success metrics by developing strong relationships with the relevant Line of Business (LOB) contact persons
- Converting the above understanding of SHDR and partners into annual executable account plans that aligned the objectives of both SHDR and partners, and fulfill the contractual requirements of the partnership agreement
- Actively identifying and developing new opportunities to drive incremental revenue and other areas of value to partnerships – this can include new product distribution, activation and joint marketing activities, including promotions, sponsorships, in-park activities, events, media partnerships etc
- Working with SHDR LOBs to execute in-park and out-of-park partner activities, including product and experiential development, brand integration and event and marketing activations, including getting internal reviews and approvals of these activities
- Tracking the health of the partnership through appropriate metrics and building on their success
- Participating in the development of renewal proposals, analyzing contract terms and creating presentation documents
- Very strong account and project management skills
- Strong experience in marketing, brand and business planning and implementation
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration experiences, especially matrix organizations
- Ability to grasp contractual nuances and provide solid judgment for business decisions that are in line with the partnership agreement
- Ability to develop and manage account plans that clearly align SHDR’s and partner’s goals, based on strategies and tactics that are practical, executable and delivers results
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence people of all levels and persuasively sell to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand basic financial statements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience in China
- Bilingual written and verbal: English / Mandarin
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Self-driven and results-oriented
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, to work independently and to manage up and down
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills/ approaches
- Familiarity and passion for the Walt Disney Company’s product and service lines
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.g.