Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Corporate Strategy & Business DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678475BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 16, 2019
Job Summary:Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) is responsible for developing strategies to drive long-term growth for the company. CSBD team works closely with the Managing Director of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) Greater China and leaders of all businesses to drive and support strategy development and execution.
We seek a candidate with experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity. The role requires strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent team work, effective communication in both English and Mandarin Chinese, as well as ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of business and functional teams within TWDC.
- Lead TWDC’s Five-Year plan strategic planning process for Greater China
- Research and analyze on new and/or evolving market and consumer trends and draw insights and implications on business strategies
- Collaborate and coordinate with members of each LOBs/Functions in the development of key growth initiatives
- Develop business plans to capture new business opportunities
- Contribute Greater China input into North Asia and global initiatives / strategies
- Evaluate M&A and partnership opportunities in light of Greater China strategy
- Support strategy execution and organizational transformation
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity (required)
- Strong problem solving skills with excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
- Outstanding project management skills with ability to engage effectively with different teams and functions and multi-task
- Excellent team player
- Ability to think pragmatically and ability to drive executions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities
- Good cultural sensitivity
- MBA from a top business school with 3+ years of post-MBA experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later