Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Learning and DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 689652BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 24, 2019
Manager, Learning & Development will lead Learning & Development Consultant team to provide service and support to the talent and Line of Business development in Shanghai Disney Resort. The main responsibilities include: leadership development program design and implementation, high potential talent development program design and execution, soft skill training design and implementation, conducting training analysis for Line of Business and providing learning and development solutions or products with customized services, teaching leadership and soft skill related trainings, designing and facilitating Line of Business related workshop, and leading learning and development programs related to the site talent and organization strategy.
- Effectively arrange people resources and related processes to feed the needs of Line of Business and monitor the progress of the team to achieve the designed objectives within timeline.
- Providing coaching to subordinates and help them to develop, improve the overall capabilities of the team members and establish high performing team with positivity.
- Maintain a high level of understanding and knowledge of client’s business strategies; partner with HRBP and clients to develop comprehensive learning and development plans that align with the client’s goals and objectives.
- Apply learning theory/models, benchmark best practices/trends, and maintain knowledge of cutting-edge approaches in order to deliver learning solutions that drive lasting impact.
- Ongoing assessment of needs and prioritization of initiatives and projects for client(s) and business unit.
- Conduct analysis and diagnose the characteristics and development needs across different levels of leaders and high potential talents
- Design development program according to the needs identified, which including varieties of content and formats to achieve the expected goals
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the client’s business strategies, work with HR Business Partner and clients collaboratively to design comprehensive learning and development program that aligned with the client’s goal.
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with business leaders in an effort to influence them towards a decision for Learning and Development strategy and solutions.
- Guide HR Business Partner and other key partners in understanding the learning progression, and help them appreciate and support the 70/20/10 model of development.
- Understand and measure organizational readiness for comprehensive learning and development strategies within the client’s business area.
- Rigorously keep up with consulting/training industry trends to provide effective and meaningful learning solutions to client groups.
- Able to teach the leadership development program that aligned with client’s needs and the related trainings in Shanghai Disney Resort leadership development portfolio.
- Able to diagnose the root cause of the Line of Business challenges upon client’s needs, design and facilitate related workshop to improve organization collaboration and operations efficiency.
- Facilitate leadership programs driven by client need and your part of the general leadership curriculum for Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Design or provide additional tools and resources that support development beyond formal training, which may include relationship- or on-the-job experiences and resources that drive development and the transfer of learning.
- Understand and utilize various participant learning styles in order to facilitate the best teaching and learning situations.
- Demonstrate a genuine concern for each participant’s learning environment.
- Maintain a high level of expertise on Disney University’s products and services.
- Identify and organize Disney University resources needed to support work.
- Ability to be flexible and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management/consultant skills and prioritization/organization skills for various environment.
- Understanding and experience applying a variety of development approaches that span formal training, relationship-based, and experience-based development (70-20-10 model of development).
- Proven experience in a corporate environment consulting with clients about learning and development strategies (contracting, needs analysis, execution) and adjusting content to meet the needs of the learners.
- Proven experience working with all levels of leadership, including sr. manager and executive.
- Ability to facilitate highly complex content and agendas, adapting approach and style to a variety of audiences
- Strong partnering skills and ability to build effective relationships with diverse partners
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven experience in training logistics including scheduling, learning management system, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and above
- At least 8-10 years of progressive experience in performance consulting, training, learning and development, organizational development, and/or team development.
- Minimum 3 years’ experiences in leadership position.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later