Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Publicity and EventApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692674BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 31, 2019
The principal role of the Publicity and Event Manager is to support Senior PR manager to design and implement publicity strategies that cultivate our relationships with media/KOL, engage our key target audience and boost brand awareness.
This requires creative mind to drive PR initiatives, leading agencies and vendors, as well as working closely with Disney Business Units and other corporate functions, while constantly keeping abreast of the market landscape, trends, and development.
- Support overall publicity and event plan
- Goals, strategy, tactics and budget
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Maximize film / brand presence on various media channels:
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placement / co-op in print, broadcast and social media.
- Develop media content calendar for both traditional and social media to consistently engage audience throughout promotion windows.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Plan PR events:
- Develop integrated plan for big scale events including talent tour, multi-city events, local premieres and other media facing activities.
- Advance all operational aspects of the events from pre-event planning, load in/out process, and most importantly the execution of the event.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of production and performance quality.
- Budget controlling.
- Onsite execution and delivery of projects, production, installation, management of onsite teams, supervision and briefing.
- Supervise all Post-event evaluations.
- Contact / Production & Installation / Execution & follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree in a leading university, local or foreign…Public Relations or Film Related degree a plus but not a must.
- Minimum 7-9 years work experience in Publicity for leading multi-national company, 4A ad agency or entertainment related company
- A creative minded, organized, self-motivated person with an eye for details who is able to successfully implement multiple initiatives, run multiple tasks simultaneously and drive results for the project. The candidate must be a team player and is able to work with internal and external partners seamlessly. The successful candidate must be an avid movie fan. He/she is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Strong planning and execution skills; experience in handling, planning and overseeing the execution of media plans.
- Communication skills: persuasive, passionate and effective skills in getting point across written and spoken forms.
- Problem solving skills: able to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate solutions effectively
- Analytical skills: able to provide sound recommendations based on good understanding of the media and general business environment.
- Professionalism and integrity, a team player who can perform well under pressure
- Genuine passion for the film industry and marketing field work: candidate must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and go above and beyond the call of duty when the job calls for it.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin;
- Well developed computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.; Mac knowledge a plus not a must)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later