Already applied?View Dashboard
ParalegalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694485BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 02, 2019
Responsibilities:• Support Greater China Legal team with preparation and review of:
- dual language (English and Chinese) contracts and legal documents; and
- dual language (English and Chinese) business correspondence.
• Prepare and revise agreements, forms and templates for distribution of films, television programs and other audio-visual content as well as their marketing and promotion.
• Regulatory filing and corporate administration tasks including preparation and collection of documents and submission of documents to government authorities under instructions from the Greater China Legal team.
• Research and analysis related to rights, chain-of-title and clearance matters.
• Legal research tasks and other administrative functions for Greater China Legal team.
• Respond to routine enquiries from content sales, finance, tax & marketing colleagues.
• Contract administration tasks including arranging execution, chopping, filing and distribution of approved contracts, forms, certificates and other legal documents to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Legal billing administration including internal coordination and liaising with law firms’ billing departments
• Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
• Other ad-hoc projects as required by the China Legal Affairs team.
Basic Qualifications:- University graduate
- Candidates with a degree in Laws are preferred
- Candidates with a legal qualification are preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience as a paralegal or contract administrator in a law firm or corporate legal department
- English-Chinese translation experience including preparation and review of bilingual documentation
- Computer proficiency and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Systematic, punctual and hardworking
- Fluency in English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality
- Independent, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle simultaneous functions
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later