Already applied?View Dashboard
Product ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 562838BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Jun. 04, 2018
Job Summary:Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Digital (DPRD), a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class immersive online & mobile experiences for premier vacation brands including Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club. DPRD has offices in Los Angeles, Anaheim, Seattle, Hong Kong and Orlando where we design and develop results-driven websites and mobile applications.
Responsibilities:You will participate in developing and implementing the strategy and vision for the Shanghai Disney Resort (SHDR), and you will develop, influence and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, analytics and executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for WDPRO. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that guests love.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and executing the strategic direction of digital product line and/or a destination/brand for Shanghai Disney Resort (SHDR)
- Translate that direction into user stories with acceptance criteria, mind maps, and product specs.
- Manage the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction and ensure the execution of creative assets developed in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy and copywriting, to ensure adherence to strategic vision.
- Attend daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks, they will support multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope.
- Communicating changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams, and to their manager on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- Collaborate with organizations across The Walt Disney Company (Pricing, Rev. Management, Marketing, Sales, Park Operations, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations as well as across other product lines/destinations/brands within WDPRO to ensure a seamless Guest experience across touch points.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience working in the digital industry (web and mobile)
- A champion for the mobile and web experience, advocating on the guest's behalf, and working diligently to create a first-class experience for Disney guests.
- Drive and implement Digital product from detecting guests behaviors, initiating requirement, translate into technical spec and push it through until a mature product.
- Understand digital product full life cycle, constantly identify and improve guest experience
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and quality is highly desired.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (includes ability to use tools such as Excel and Access); ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiatives.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage partner (internal and external) expectations and scope expectations through significant collaboration and partnership
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of complex critical issues
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Experience with Agile software development methodology highly desired
- Fluent in Chinese & English
Required Education• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, IT or Business or equivalent work/educational experience OR BS/BA in Business Administration, CS, Engineering, IS and /or equivalent formal training or experience.
- Deep Knowledge of the mobile and web ecosystem, online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general highly desired
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.