Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst, Data MiningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688526BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 09, 2019
Job Summary:This position requires strong analytical skills to identify issues through data analysis, the purpose of the analysis is to identify potential risks in each line of business and internal fraudulent behaviors.
The successful candidate must possess good data analytical, writing and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to build effective, trust-based relationships with key partners inside the company. Big data analytical skills and work experience are required.
- Understanding of merchandise, food and beverage, hotel, ticketing, etc. systems and perform data analysis
- Engage in deep dive analyses to understand business risk area and detect fraud issue, and provide concise summaries and recommendations to management
- Self-manage delivery of analytical projects. E.g., determining the analytical approach; efficiently extract relevant data; appropriately use statistical and data analysis techniques; sharing your findings using impactful data visualizations and efficient communication
- Ensure delivery of regular reports on time
- Work collaboratively with other lines of businesses to understand their needs and help to investigate when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, and Minimum 4 years of working experience
- Analytical experience working with large volumes of complex data
- Experience with analytic solutions including Oracle, SQL-Server, SAS and Big Data technologies
- Conduct advanced analytics with careful data pre-processing (aggregation and cleaning) to discover hidden patterns/correlations/trend
- Ability to interpret and present advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences is a plus
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain positive relationships with other partners inside the company
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in written, spoken and reading English and Mandarin
- A master's degree in statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics or a related field
- Prior experience in the entertainment, theme park, or vacation leisure Industry
- Interest in networking and partnering with Disney colleagues around the world
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.