Sourcing SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699554BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 09, 2019
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for assisting Sourcing Manger in managing multiple merchandise categories. The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for supporting short and long-term sourcing strategies set by management and is accountable for assisting Sourcing Manager in monitoring the sample development submission, order/production follow-up. The Sourcing Specialist will also assist Sourcing Manager to initiate vendor set-up, ISU form and data entry upon order award.
- Proactively assists Sourcing Manager to meet measurable efficiencies of team communications, tasks, and overall workflow to support continuous improvement.
- Supports Sourcing Manager on the growth of global and segment-wide relationships.
- Learns and supports Sourcing Manager to meet short and long-term sourcing strategies for managed categories set by management; proactively assists set priorities, objectives, and follow up action plans to improve supply base and mitigate risk with measurable accountability.
- Learns and assists leveraging opportunities and supports sourcing strategies for global site-specific items.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to ensure products placed with managed suppliers are meeting Disney quality standards.
- Manages production tracking report, driving communication and troubleshooting exceptions and delays proactively
- Identifies opportunities to leverage tools, information, processes and resources to optimize operational efficiency
- Supports Sourcing Manager to consolidate discussion with factory and Product Design to seek new ideas, art techniques, applications and materials to drive product innovation.
- Assists Sourcing Manager to drive continuous improvement within supply base to elevate supplier performance with measurable results.
- Proactively addresses issues or delivery delays to Sourcing Manager timely.
- Knowledge of product-specific construction standards, materials, and manufacturing processes/techniques.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence vendors and drive production and operational efficiency
- Understanding of China and Global testing, safety, and labeling requirements and impact to product design
- Experience in merchandise sourcing and production management.
- Strong computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, MicroCharts, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Learn of free-trade agreements, duties and resulting impact of sourcing strategies.
Preferred Qualifications:DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 years’ experience in Global Sourcing and/or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Product-specific technical degree and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate in other languages would be a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.