Already applied?View Dashboard
Stage ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 553819BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 13, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
- Responsible for running daily Atmosphere Entertainment shows and rehearsals, including safe and accurate “calling” of show cues
- Responsible for show operation decisions regarding weather, technical break-downs, performer injuries, costuming problems and show maintenance
- Ensure a safe environment for guests and cast and maintain adherence to Operating and Safety Guidelines
- Partner closely with Park Operations, Entertainment Production, Costuming, and Technical Services on operational matters to ensure smooth operation/delivery of daily shows.
- Manage and mentor cast and crew (including Leads, Performers, Technicians, etc).
- Monitor daily man-power and scheduling for Atmosphere Entertainment program and implement adjustments accordingly.
- Maintain show quality and company standards; observe performances of cast and crew and provide performance coaching and feedback.
- Other projects as required
- Strong leadership and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with creative and production teams, other lines of business, and all levels of management and staff
- 3+ years of experience in stage management or event management; theme park entertainment experience and / or Disney experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and mentor large teams
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and optimize operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational, partnering and leadership skills
- Fluent in Mandarin, competent in spoken and written English
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.