Already applied?View Dashboard
Story ExecutiveApply Now Apply Later Job ID 564272BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Jun. 11, 2018
Job Summary:Story Executive of the Local Content Team works with the Head of Story to:
- Organize and manage all story documents,
- Work with the writers and producers to develop stories and scripts and to write/rewrite, and finalize professional quality scripts for original and adapted Chinese-themed family entertainment across all media.
- Reviewing of creative materials at each step of the process and giving notes
- Researching and brainstorming of project ideas and develop projects from idea through to script and handover to Production team
- Creative concepts pitch and guidance for internal and external creative throughout production with Disney standards
- Pitch creative concepts and take creative pitch from both internal and external parties
- Brainstorm story ideas, develop and grow ideas
- Identifying new ideas/concpets Intellectual Properties including novels, scripted content on the internet and other platforms.
- Develop and organize documents including series bibles, episode descriptions, scripts
- Work with writers to develop stories, premises, outlines and multiple versions of scripts
- Maintain consistency so that all stories and story elements fit into the series arc
- Rewrite and finalize scripts
- Execute the creative direction set for the project by management
- Participate in and lead story meetings
- Represent the story team to other teams and departments within and outside of the company
- Develop and execute strategies for meeting schedule and advancing the project
- Maintain Disney quality and Disney branding for all stories
- Successfully hand over story/development project to the Production team.
- Exemplary writing skills and knowledge of script structure
- Minimum 5 years experience as a staff writer or story editor
- Understanding of Chinese and international episodic industry and film
- Familiarity with Chinese and international episodic works
- Familiarity with episodes storytelling and visual language of TV & film
- Understanding of Eastern and Western story telling and scripting
- Imagination and sense of humor
- Motivation and responsibility
- Substantial, proven experience delivering creative excellence on a range of budgets and production models
- Creative reputation and network of contacts and relationships
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.