Already applied?View Dashboard
Merchandise Planning ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 496695BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jan. 16, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disney town, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
Responsibilities:The Merchandise Planning Manager works closely with product development and revenue management teams to drive the go-to-market strategy, which includes the merchandising vision, strategy and assortment plan for all product lines for the theme park, and drives it to achieve revenue goals, sales growth and profit maximization through a consumer focused strategy with alignment to company business direction.
- Merchandise Overall Planning
- Assist Head of Planning and work with Finance / Revenue Management team, develop and monitor by-store-by-category financial targets including merchandise sales plan, GMS, inventory plan, pricing and return per sq ft for responsible categories
- Manage and monitor open-to-buy (OTB) and liquidation plan by department, determining clearance plan, including SKU, price range, quantity, timeline, etc.
- Work with Product Development, create/maintain product assortment plan, location profiles/identity and identify business opportunities through shop changeovers initiatives, mix changes, and global programs. Ensure product offer is aligned to the customer profile of the individual stores
- Oversee seasonal and franchise merchandise projects including financials, product assortment plan & timeline
- Work with the Store / Revenue Management team, achieving financial targets through evaluation, recommendation and execution of alternate and promotional / pricing strategies based on actual trends and financial initiatives. Performs benchmarking, business analysis, identify and evaluate cost saving / sales opportunity and drive implementation
- Work with sourcing / logistics, develop re-order strategies to optimize the total supply chain, including flow of product and inventory / shipment management / costing in order to meet budgeted stock turn and stock availability
- Partner with IT team for merchandise data mining & mapping, BI reporting and distribution plus any I.T. projects
- Partner with Communication & Marketing teams on setting up product-related marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Partner with Corporate Alliance to develop specialty products strategy
- Be a key and active member in projects or new stores expansion
2. Allocation and Space Planning
- Develop by-store product / allocation strategy with stores and VM teams
- Responsible for equipment grid plan and planogram execution
- Weekly store visits and work with store managers on monitoring sales floor productivity and adjust accordingly
Additional Information:Keyword: shdrprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.