Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Specialist, Partner Relationship OfficeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 496885BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Feb. 09, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, will be a place where friends and family can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort will include a park designed in the rich tradition of Disneyland theme parks around the world with the uniqueness and beauty of China, two themed hotels, a large retail, dining and entertainment venue and an array of recreation facilities.
As we create this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
As the Senior Specialist of the Partner Relationship Office, this role will be responsible for organizing and coordinating the Board Meeting and the Standing Committee Meeting for the SHDR to ensure effective communication between shareholders and to facilitate contributions from each stakeholder to the development of the SHDR. This role will also liaise and communicate with business partners and government authorities to coordinate regular meetings by collecting and escalating key issues to the leadership, so as to seek for the necessary support to help the project move forward. The role requires for excellent language skills in Chinese and English and professionalism in legal and finance, which will enable the role to understand and analyze the reports delivered to the Board.
- Be familiar with Definitive Agreements and plan the work accordingly.
- Coordinate time between shareholders and propose annual meeting calendar; Make documents collection calendar and facilitate a punctual submission of the relevant documents.
- Propose resolution topics for the Board Meeting, encourage an active communication between shareholders for the topics; Draft resolution coversheets for the Board Meeting; Understand the background of the resolutions, track the discussions and transmit the opinions between shareholders.
- Collect and consolidate Board Meeting Updates; Draft meeting agenda and issue meeting notification; Compile and distribute Board materials.
- Be able to understand and analyze the regular reports delivered to the Board based on the knowledge of legal and finance
- Provide administrative support for the Board Meeting, including meeting venue selection and settlement, meals arrangement, guest reception, equipment adjustment, meeting notes taking, etc.
- Draft meeting minutes in both Chinese and English and list the follow-up actions of each meeting.
- Make the agenda, collect Monthly Update and draft meeting minutes for the Standing Committee Meeting.
- Liaise with business partners and government authorities, schedule meetings among the parties; Collect, consolidate and escalate topics for the multi-party meetings, draft meeting agenda and meeting minutes.
- Set up and maintain an effective filing system.
- Establish communication channel and co-working mechanism with business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Other works assigned by the leaders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years working experience in translation, legal, finance, administration, and foreign affairs related activities for a large company
- Good planning, organizing and coordination skills.
- Strong written skill and communication skill in both English and Chinese.
- Mature, credible and strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong skill in solving problems.
- Quick learner and be able to get familiar with the Definitive Agreements and other documents in a short period of time.
- Good contract spirit and strict working attitude.
- Be good at taking notes and making meeting minutes.
- Good sense of logic and be able to seize key issues and focus on priorities.
- Good sense of responsibilities and can accomplish tasks by strictly following timeline.
- Good event planning and organizing skills
- Good team spirit and be good at team work.
- Smart and proactive.
- Be able to work under pressure.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.