Already applied?View Dashboard
Alliance Management ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 522135BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Feb. 24, 2018
Job Summary:SHDR Corporate Alliances organization identifies, develops and holistically manages complex, long-term, multi-dimensional relationships with selected brands and companies. Corporate Alliances team seeks to create value-added and sustainable win-win partnerships that protect and strengthen SHDR’s reputation, brand, and business. This is achieved through creative development of marketing and sponsorship programs, management of partner and business unit relationships, and creations of new partnerships aligned with SHDR’s business and strategic goals.
Within the Shanghai Disney Resort Corporate Alliances team, the Alliance Management Manager’s primary role is to be responsible for supporting the signing of a long-term strategic alliance with a financial payment institution in issuing a gift card for the resort.
The Manager is expected to be a self-sufficient and self-driving individual contributor who can actively develop relationships and engage with internal key stakeholders and third parties. He or she is also expected to support functional leadership in providing project updates, documents and escalates issues and risks, drives implementation of project schedule, tracks project spend and other activities in supporting the launch of SHDR gift card product under the alliance relationship.
Responsibilities:We are seeking candidates with demonstrated leadership and communication skills to fill the position of Alliance Management Manager. The Manager’s role is to provide measurable value by:
- Establishing a thorough understanding for the payment industry (physical, digital, online, offline) and various regulations for the non-financial payment service industry
- Carrying out industry benchmark analysis and regulation research to strengthen the alliance deal and delivering maximum return-on-investment for SHDR and the alliance partner
- Serving as a single point of contact to drive and implement integration project schedule as well as overall deal schedule
- Coordinating internal resources, third parties, and work with various LOB leaders to drive project progress
- Identifying, reporting, and escalating issues, risks, changes in scope during the implementation process, and removes roadblocks for teams to move forward
- Supporting with contract terms drafting, negotiation preparations, and contract negotiations
- Preparing leadership presentation documents and status update reports to allow for effective decision making to align with SHDR strategic priorities
- Working with LOBs to manage partner requests and activities
- Supporting with the approval of the project’s Capital Authorization Request and tracking the health of the implementation spend upon approval
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience
- Bilingual written and verbal: English / Mandarin
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, to work independently and to manage up and down
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills/approaches
- Familiarity and passion for the Walt Disney Company’s product and service lines
- Experience in project management and implementation
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration experiences
- Ability to understand basic financial statements
- Ability to develop and manage project plans, including project progress, health, and financials
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple requests simultaneously
- Ability to influence people
- Basic knowledge and understanding of deal terms and corporate legal terms
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.