Already applied?View Dashboard
Analyst I, Forecasting & PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 567911BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 06, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking candidates with accomplished professional experience, curiosity and desire to learn and grow, demonstrated analytical skills and outstanding academic records to fill the position of Analyst I, Forecasting and Planning.
Responsibilities:1. Tourism demand forecasting, related duties:
- Develop and maintain econometric forecasting models on tourism demand.
- Co-pivot both weekly and monthly forecasting process, ensuring all important variables are factored in, including seasonality, holiday shift by origins etc.
- Forecast based on target segmentation to be translated into specific business strategies. Also, incorporate key business initiatives and revenue drivers into the forecast.
- Manage the origin survey and the data set. Deliver thorough insight on travel visitation outlook from origin trends and behaviors. Tie the information with tourism forecasting.
- Incorporate Pro-Forma assumptions and explain rationale behind the forecast, identify risk areas and the level of impact.
- Lead the theme Park attendance and admission revenue forecasting and planning process which align with corporate planning timeline.
- Identify key variables and develop assumptions for short term and long term planning.
- Responsible for determining annual sales targets for Sales and Distribution Marketing.
- Serve as the point of contact with external vendors and government bodies on data, traveler’s insights and visitation trends.
- Provide timely information to operations and workforce planning for operations planning and labor arrangement
- Administrate the daily attendance reporting to ensure they are accurate and timely.
- Update Survey when necessary and provide both regular and ad hoc Guest demographics data to business partners.
- Participate in routine meetings with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Revenue Management.
- Communicate with various business partners on the latest news in the market which may impact attendance forecast.
- Standard management reporting and publications.
- Present periodic market outlook to business partners and senior management.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on special events.
- Define and align Marketing and Sales strategies to ensure regional strategies are aligned.
- Bachelor degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Operations Research or Industrial Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in business or statistical analysis related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in annual operations planning, budgeting, and sales account planning.
- Highly numerate and accurate.
- Experience in China domestic market research projects, including sourcing for appropriate economic data and model development. Experience in tourism data analysis a plus.
- Capable of performing work under general direction, participate in determining and management of objectives, and be able to plan and schedule activities to accomplish objectives.
- The ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines.
- Statistical skills, analytical and interpretation.
- Experience with Business Process Modeling or Data Warehousing.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Partnering, relationship-building, and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of statistical systems (e.g. SAS) and software with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques.
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Direct experience in tourism and hospitality industry such as airlines, national tourism organization, hospitality industries.
- Expert with SAS programming.
- Experience in Excel VBA Programming.
- Experience in MS Access or other DBMS a plus.
- MBA, tourism management.
- MNC experience a plus.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessionalword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.