Analyst, Revenue Management & PricingApply NowApply Later Job ID 738302BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 29, 2020
In this role, you are responsible for developing the Revenue strategies and tactics in partnership with his/her counterparts in Sales, Marketing, Consumer Insight, Operations, in order to maximize revenues and profitability. The primary areas include: Pricing and strategy of long-term products for Theme Park, Hotels & Disneytown, business partnership with cross-functional teams to deliver on various long-term revenue projects, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in Pricing Strategy Determination for various lines of business (Park, Hotels, Disneytown) to maximize revenues and profitability, and achieve Annual Operating and Long Range Plans
- Participate in the development of revenue driving initiatives strategy and plans, long-term revenue-generating projects
- Develop accurate measurement methodologies to assess performance on a regular basis, based on key performance metrics (including but not limited to revenue growth, ticket yield, price integrity, guest satisfaction)
- Challenge the status quo by always questioning the past and improve tools and methodologies
- Collaborate closely with partners, especially Marketing, Sales, and Operations to ensure efficient product development and follow-through
- Provide data driven insights and recommendations to leadership, and support the development of presentation analyses and visualizations
- Build succession plans by developing effective processes, structure and tools
- Share best practices with other Walt Disney Parks and Resorts sites worldwide
- Bachelor degree with minimum 2 years’ work experience in business related field, such as pricing, revenue management, forecasting, economics, business planning, statistics, business intelligence, or operations management
- Enthusiasm for the Theme Park and Entertainment industries
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with substantial hands-on experience in conducting sophisticated business analysis
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging, and somewhat stressful environment
- Ability to work in a project team-oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company
- Possess good communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to communicate up, down, and across the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Demonstrated partnering, relationship-building, influencing
- Get along with fellow Team Members and work as a team
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn (including new tools)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of statistical systems (e.g. SAS) and software with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
- Direct experience in tourism and hospitality industries such as hotels, airlines, tourist attraction businesses, entertainment is preferred
- Expertise in the dedicated computer software (e.g. SAS, Opera, Vision, IDeaS, Tabelau, etc.) is preferred
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.