Already applied?View Dashboard
Art DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 612392BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Dec. 24, 2018
Job Summary:Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels - Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
- Create, develop and art direct all scenic, props and visual elements for Entertainment shows and events as assigned.
- Interpret artistic concepts through various visual mediums.
- Find creative solutions to logistical and / or financial constraints of projects while preserving the integrity of the show.
- Overall artistic responsibility for the creation of scenic / set designs, parade floats designs, props designs, show signage designs, etc., for Entertainment shows and events.
- Assist the Creative Director, Creative Manager and Show Director to oversee the artistic creation of concepts and the creative development of shows, events and/or projects.
- Maintain scenic props and creative intent of Shows, Atmosphere Entertainment, Parades to ensure show quality by partnering with the Show Director.
- Balance creative intent with budget parameters to realize show / event objective.
- Collaborate closely with Entertainment’s Creative and Production team, the global Entertainment team and the Walt Disney Imagineering Shanghai Disney Show Quality team on the development of new entertainment products.
- Work closely with technical team to develop scenic bid packages.
- Supervise contractors and vendors in the construction of all scenic elements, parade floats, props, etc.
- Develop and produce presentation art.
- Ensure ongoing show scenic elements are maintained.
- Maintain high awareness of Disney and industry standards (including Safety) and creative trends.
- Bachelor degree in Scenic Design, Production Design or related discipline
- 10 years’ experience or above in theatre and set design
- In-depth knowledge of the entertainment industry with good networks of scenic vendors
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, CAD or similar computer drafting software
- Theme park or live theatrical entertainment experience
- Strong artistic, drafting and computer skills
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.