ArtistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762279BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 08, 2020
Paint booth: Riding equipment and vehicle, show props, ground painting signage, and other painting work;
Sign shop:Signage fabrication and repair work, film work;
Character head:Patching, overhaul the damaged head props, support with new style head props creating;
Figure finishing: Figure and related costume items maintenance, new product development
- Manufacture or repair the work objects as per the blueprint, images or sketch, as well as meeting Disney's specs and requirements;
- Paint mixing as color code; understand the design intentions to ensure accuracy of repair work;
- Read the drawing and get knowledge on key process, size, and color information of the work objects, to cut or fasten work objects with proper tools or material: fasteners, nails, wooden pins, screws, bolts and glue, etc.
- Cover and protect the finished work objects, remove the damaged paint, sticker, film or base layer on the work object; clean and repair base layer to fit the original texture of the work object;
- To try with new technologies as per experience and other resource; Continuously study and research new materials and technologies, to improve work efficiency, create better artistic performance, and provide professional suggestions on new products and processes that can improve work efficiency;
- Identification, sticker, and protective film repair work: use the existing machines and materials in the workshop to complete the production of various shape marks; for the partial damage signs in the front field, professional painting knowledge can be used for local repair;
- Ability of computer drawing is required in sign shop; knows Graphic design, draw proper layout meeting drawing standard; Skilled in software (adobe illustrator, autoCAD);
- Document categorization according to manager requirements;
- Manage assigned workload through use of CMMS system (MAXIMO).
- Work in the workshop or in the open field on the site; pay attention to heatstroke prevention and cooling in high temperature operation; use safety knowledge of equipment such as scaffolding and climbing ladder when working at height;
- Demonstrate a visible commitment to safety. Keep work place good status in accordance with 5S standard;
- Strictly responsible for the confidentiality of the company's IP protection;
- Carry out other tasks requested by management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of surface treatment of work objects substrates (including sand blasting, sanding, engraving, cleaning, etc.), with high level of experience to make the textures same as existing ones;
- Experience of bonding, cutting, simulation modeling, etc. (including latex skin making, leather making, hair imitation, etc.), with knowledge of appearance processing (including painting, cleaning, finishing, repairing, polishing, painting, Rendering, etc.).
- Candidates for this position should be highly motivated, reliable, and possess good communications skills; Understand blueprint and drawings to extract info such as material requirements and structure dimensions.
- Flexible/adaptable (be able to work at variable time, including early morning, late evening, overnights, weekends and holidays).
- Be able to work in multiple Store locations throughout the Resort, indoor or outdoor, sometimes in hot or cold environment.
- Physically be able to carry and move products.
- Be familiar with computer skills.
- Service sense to proactively fix problems.
- Good team player; be willing and able to learn skills and knowledge.
- You will need to successfully complete and pass all job related training after onboard.
- Accept the position change or other work responsibility assigned by the leaders.
- Must hold the required certificates of the position, including but not limited to health certificate, and other career certificates.
- Observe the Company’s occupational health management policies and operation procedures, properly use and maintain occupational hazard prevention facilities and personal protective equipment, actively participate in occupational health training and take pre-work, during-work and exit occupational medical check as required.
- Vocational school or above; arts discipline preferred;
- Must provide portfolio showing work in related field – pictorial painting, modeling, prop creation, etc;
- Knowledge on computer operation, skilled use of office software is preferred;
Additional Information:As one of the worldwide leaders in family entertainment, Shanghai Disney Resort delivers legendary service and a lifetime of memories for our guests. Joining us in a new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure involves creating happiness for the millions of guests who visit our Resort each year. Whether your career journey here is onstage or backstage, there are almost unlimited opportunities for growth and personal development at Shanghai Disney.
* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
Salary: your salary consists of a base salary + service bonus + floating year-end bonus
Social Insurance: You are entitled to five social insurances and one housing fund
Overtime and allowances: In addition to statutory overtime (depending on your position) you may be entitled to a high temperature allowance and a night shift subsidy
Catering subsidy: You are entitled to one free meal per day on days that you are working
Accommodation: You have the opportunity to live in a dorm with Wi-Fi and air conditioning or to receive a living allowance
Vacation: You are entitled to paid annual leave and paid sick leave
Insurance: We buy supplementary medical insurance for you and your children. You can also enjoy group life insurance
Free Park Entry: While you work for Shanghai Disney Resort you will have the opportunity to enter the park with your family and friends for free
Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
Health checkup: You are entitled to a free health checkup once a year
Learning and development opportunities:
Learning: you will be taught a range of international professional skills, including corporate culture, service skills, and more.
Career Development: Promotion opportunities are transparent and are dependent on your own efforts. You can also apply for internal transfers should you wish to develop yourself in another part of the company. With Hotel, Food and Beverage, Fire Safety, Security, Merchandise, Park Operations, Disney University and Operations training opportunities across multiple industries, there will always be development opportunities for those who want them at Disney.
Activities: Disney provides Cast Member with a range of volunteering opportunities as well as fun clubs for basketball, tennis, yoga, Disney Run, Music, Drama, DIY and more as a way to help you connect with your colleagues and network in a fun environment.
Apply online -> Interview over email -> Accept Employment -> Onboard
Please note: You may only apply for this position once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
You will be working at Shanghai Disney Resort in Pudong, Shanghai. You can take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort station or take one of our many shuttle buses. The shuttle buses can be taken from one of several central areas across the city every day. You can find out more information during your onboarding process.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.