Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Manager, Business PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 518769BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 06, 2018
- Provide support for sales/category teams to optimize deal renewals, assess prospective licensees and their business plans, and evaluate marketing investments
- Support sales planning process – deal analysis, sales planning, prospecting and pitching
- Help improve sales/category team efficiency and effectiveness – develop deal analysis frameworks, improve sales planning tools
- Support analyze new business opportunities and growth initiatives – new products, channel expansion, consumer segmentation, strategic partnerships
- Support identify market trends and insights (consumers, products, and channels) and help formulate positioning and expansion strategies
- Support the long term strategic planning process with market insights to help facilitate the generation and prioritization of the business’ long term priorities
- Key stakeholders in Corporate Strategy, Finance, Creative, Marketing, etc.
- Professional service personnel (consultants, investment bankers)
- Potential and Existing business partners
- Industry experts and Licensees
- Graduate of a top Chinese or overseas university, preferably with a major in Business, Finance, or Economics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analytical positions at multinational corporations, with exposure to business development and product development in China
- Consumer Industry background preferred
- Strong experience with financial modeling
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast paced environment
- Working effectively with people from various backgrounds and levels
- Collaborate, partner and work within a team
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Initiative and follow through
- Communication capability (reading, writing, verbal) in English must
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).