Assistant Manager, Financial ReportingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734054BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 09, 2020
Responsible for accurately record and report for the business transactions and operating results that comply with USGAAP requirements. Also responsible to adjust the USGAAP results to each of the local GAAPs in Asia Pacific Region to comply with each country/region’s local statutory requirements. Coordinate and support external auditors to conclude audit of the legal entities in Asia Pacific Region.
Partner with in house tax team and legal team to ensure the tax requirements and local statutory compliances are met.
Responsible to maintain the internal controls which impact financial compliance, coordinate with management audit team for internal audits.
Lead a team of Senior Financial Analysts and Analysts in the statutory accounting and compliance team. Coach and guide the team members for the responsible areas.
Responsibilities:• Lead the team to prepare statutory financial reports under each local GAAP
• Coordinate and support internal and external audit processes (including quarterly reviews and year end US GAAP audits, APAC country statutory audits and SOX compliance)
• Work closely with auditors to finalize and agree upon audited statutory accounts for APAC legal entities
• Work closely with corporate tax team for tax filing and tax compliances requests
• Managing and engaging the team members that will effectively support above responsibilities
• Maintain a collaborative environment across functions
• Projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications:• Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
• CPA or equivalent is a must
• Solid Knowledge of both USGAAP and IFRS
• 3-5 years’ working experience after CPA qualified
• Experience in working with both Big 4 audit firms and multinational company, preferred in a regional role
• Experience in preparing and presenting financial and management reporting deliverables
• Experience in maintaining and monitoring financial controls
• Experience in leading teams preferred
• Financial systems: knowledge of SAP required, demonstrate ability of working on different financial systems or experience in system implementation
• Strong Commercial sense and understanding of the business
• Ability of Coaching team and create bench
• Ability of working in a matrixes organization and manage remote relationships with stakeholders including FP&A teams
• Ability to take risks and drive decisions
• Written and verbal English fluency
Preferred Qualifications:• Ability on working on multiple systems
• Commercial sense and understanding of the business
• Coach and create bench
• Working in a matrixes organization
• Partner with FP&A teams
• Manage remote relationships with stakeholders
• Ability to take risks and drive decisions
• Strong understanding of compliance implications and controls impacting business areas
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage on-time delivery of effective solutions
• Decision-making in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to drive enthusiasm and to inspire teamwork with a commitment to excellence
• Demonstrated strong negotiating, mentoring, influencing, organizational, planning and partnership skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on organizational mission and values
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.