Assistant Manager, Statutory AccountingApply NowApply Later Job ID 788548BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
Required to have knowledge in US GAAP to address business transactional queries and adjust the USGAAP results to each of the local GAAPs in Asia Pacific Region to comply with each country/region’s local statutory requirements. Coordinate and support external auditors to conclude audit of the legal entities in Asia Pacific Region.
Partner with in house tax team and legal team to ensure the tax requirements and local statutory compliances are met.
Responsible to maintain the internal controls which impact financial compliance, coordinate with management audit team for internal audits.
Lead a team of Senior Financial Analysts and Analysts in the statutory accounting and compliance team. Coach and guide the team members for the responsible areas.
- Review tax provision for US GAAP and local regulatory GAAP
- Lead the team to prepare statutory financial reports under local regulatory GAAP
- Coordinate and support internal and external audit processes (including quarterly reviews and year end US GAAP audits, APAC country statutory audits and SOX compliance)
- Work closely with auditors to finalize and agree upon audited statutory accounts for APAC legal entities
- Work closely with corporate tax team for tax filing and tax compliances requests
- Managing and engaging the team members that will effectively support above responsibilities
- Maintain a collaborative environment across functions
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
- CPA or equivalent is a must
- Solid Knowledge of both USGAAP and IFRS
- 3-5 years’ working experience after CPA qualified
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.