Assistant Mgr, APAC Controllership & Regional AccountingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734448BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 09, 2020
The role will liaise on a day to day basis with local and regional Finance, local business operations as well as the controllership teams in various locations. The role is expected to have prior general ledger accounting and group management reporting experience. Review and resolution of complex accounting matters is a core part of the job. The role also requires strong analytical and review skills.
The role requires a general understanding of taxation principles (both direct taxes and indirect taxes) and legal principles (especially contract law).
The role needs exceptionally strong leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and coordinate efforts of various teams and team members to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks and deliverables. The role will partner closely with the senior manager to drive the whole team to achieve its objectives. The role is expected to have regular and independent communication with senior management, peers in finance and other functions / business. The role will lead a team with strong ability to Coach, mentor and guide the team members for the responsible areas. The role should be able to create a strong leadership pipeline
To sum up the person in the role is expected to have a strong:
- Business orientation,
- Accounting and financial reporting knowledge,
- Control orientation,
- Team work ability,
- Leadership ability to challenge the constant and manage change in a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Responsible for accounting and financial reporting for Media business across 2 to 4 geographies
- Lead the team to prepare and /or support preparation of management financial reports such as BS and P&L fluctuation analysis
- Manage the monthly and quarterly closing and follow up on the long-time outstanding item.
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet reviews and follow up on the long-time outstanding item.
- Analysing complex financial transactions, reports and records
- Work closely with team members and finance and business teams to ensure all the transactions have been captured properly.
- Work with US controllership team for quarterly deliverables and variance analysis.
- Understand company-wide accounting policies and apply relevant policies appropriately.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided.
- Any other internal reports required by different stakeholders.
- Assist with internal and external audit.
- Might coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Managing and engaging the team members that will effectively support above responsibilities
- Maintain a collaborative environment across functions
- Projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related major
- CPA or equivalent – A MUST
- Solid Knowledge of both USGAAP and IFRS
- Written and verbal English fluency
- At least 5 years’ experience in working with both Big 4 audit firms and multinational company, preferred in a regional role
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial and management reporting deliverables
- Experience in leading teams
- Strong understanding of accounting and controls impacting business areas
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time delivery of effective solutions
- Strong attention to details
- Decision-making in a fast paced environment
- Independent and self-driven, and has positive outlook towards work and getting things done
- Demonstrated ability to drive enthusiasm and to inspire teamwork with a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated strong negotiating, mentoring, influencing, organizational, planning and partnership skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on organizational mission and values
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.