Assistant Stage ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 787674BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 07, 2021
- You will assist the Stage Manager for coordination, basic cue calling (as needed), integration and supervision of all show elements including Performers, Technicians, Costuming, Cosmetology, Maintenance, and Park Operations;
- You will support the Stage Manager and be responsible for Show Operation decisions regarding weather, technical breakdowns, performers’ health conditions, costuming issues and show maintenance;
- You will coordinate and support show maintenance activities and report to the Stage Manager, for items such as brush-up rehearsals, trainings, lighting and audio calls, and scenic touch-ups;
- You will assist in creating a safe environment for Guests and Cast Members and maintain adherence to the Operating and Safety Guidelines;
- You will monitor daily manpower and scheduling for your assigned show and implement adjustments accordingly;
- You will help the Stage Manager to ensure the stage or rehearsal space is ready before the rehearsal. Preset all props and furniture as required;
- You will monitor performers onstage/backstage performance and report to the Stage Manager. Provide day-to day guidance and entry-level management to performers and technicians;
- You need to work independently, be responsible for and manage related projects assigned by your leader;
- You need to perform other projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Performing Arts, Theater or related discipline is preferred;
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in Stage Management, or the equivalent of Entertainment experience. Theme park or Disney experience is a plus;
- Display leadership and communication skills; able to interact effectively with Creative and Production teams, other Lines of Business, and all levels of Management and Cast Members;
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment;
- Demonstrate influencing and negotiating skills;
- Demonstrate organizational, partnering and leadership skills;
- Proven ability to problem-solve and optimize operating procedures;
- Able to give effective feedback and share creative and new ideas; maintain and follow policies and procedures;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of show production;
- Fluent in Mandarin; Competent in spoken and written English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.