Assistant Store Manager
Shanghai, China (Mainland)
As a Store Manager at The Disney Store, you play the role of a brand ambassador by representing the Disney brand to Cast Members and Guests. You will devlelop a high energy work environment that supports the achievement of all Company goals and initatives while inspiring Cast and Store Leadership to achieve maximum performance levels through daily feedback and performance management. The Store Managerl leads the team in fostering teamwork and collaboration through the store, with peers and Home Base partners, achieving exceptional financial results.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Skilled presenter
Job Summary:The Assistant Store Manager plays the role of a brand ambassador by representing the Disney brand to the Cast and Guests.
- Supports the Store Manager in achieving a high energy work environment and all Company goals and initiatives.
- Inspires Cast to achieve maximum performance levels through clear direction and daily feedback.
- Demonstrates the ability to foster teamwork and collaboration among Cast Members, peers and Home Base partners.
- Contributes to Store profitability through efficient use of payroll and expense controls.
- Lead one or more than one key function(s) of Store Operations (Recruiting, Scheduling, Cashier & Admin, LP/Safety, and or Sales)
- Encourages the use of innovation, creative language, technology and product to bring stories to life for internal and external Guests.
- Shares knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for the Disney brand with internal and external Guests.
- Coaches others to achieve results through a sense of purpose, a spirit of cooperation and personal growth.
- Maps product placement to ensure adherence to display guidelines, fits Store architecture and contributes to the overall story being told.
- Ensures that Store is neat, clean, organized and that all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Promotes an environment that is inclusive of all Cast Members and the talents that they bring.
- Supports and participates in initiatives that give back and have a positive impact on the internal (Store) community and the external community.
- Adheres to all Company directives which promote the protection and preservation of the environment.
- Develops innovative ideas and encourages creative thinking for establishing best practices that will enhance the environment.
- Is open with all who interact with the brand. Treats everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
- Encourages people to work in a way that is fair, honest and trustworthy by being a role model.
- Contributes to a high performing Cast through effective recruiting, hiring, retention and performance management strategies for the Cast.
- Participates in the onboarding and ongoing development of part time Cast Members.
- Holds self and Cast accountable for their contribution to the Store’s results by aligning clear goals and expectations, tracking progress, ensuring appropriate feedback and addressing performance issues promptly.
- Coaches the Cast on display execution ensuring proper use of all tools and efficiencies.
- Contributes to impeccable maintenance of Company directed visual standards, incorporating in Store technology, through Cast accountability.
- Participates in and monitors Cast execution of merchandise flow including shipment processing, markdowns, recovery & replenishment and visual standards to ensure all processes are efficient.
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure Disney brand standards are consistently achieved.
- Establishes the Guest, both internal and external, as the number one priority to ensure that positive, memorable experiences are created.
- Performs sales support and Guest service during scheduled shifts.
- Models how to adapt to the ever changing environment, different Guest needs, while continually providing Exceptional Guest Service.
- Cultivates positive, trusting and effective working relationships within the Store. Uses these and all resources, to find solutions.
- Recommends sound business solutions that balance competing priorities. Chooses the best strategies after evaluating all options and by using the filter of what is best for the Guest, both internal and external.
- Drives positive results in key performance indicators including sales, conversion, Average Guest Spend and preventing loss.
- Evaluates business trends, forecasting sales and flexing the schedule to leverage payroll to appropriately meet the needs of the business and adhere to payroll budget.
- Drives gross margin performance by ensuring that new, high margin product gets prioritized Stage placement, replenishment and receives focused selling efforts.
- Controls expenses to positively impact the Store’s profitability.
- Ensures adherence to all SOPs to protect Company assets and to comply with Company policies and procedures, state and local laws and regulation.
Basic Qualifications:Relevant experience/requirement
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in retail
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks effectively
- Good understanding of business and financial concepts and demonstrated ability to lead the team to drive results
- Established time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Exhibited proficiency for business acumen
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a positive attitude
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Good command in written and spoken English is preferred
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store (Shanghai) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Access exclusive Cast Member discounts and offers.
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass. You will also receive exclusive Cast Member discounts and offers.
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here.