Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Store ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 547003BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand Disney Store Date posted 04/12/2018
Job Summary:Disney Store, China is a delightful, world-class place of products and experiences that bring Disney’s very best stories to life.
We generate growth and embrace every opportunity to make our guests, and each other, smile, laugh and dream.
• Storytelling is Our Legacy
• Exceptional Guest Service is Our Standard
• We Insist on Quality, Value and Innovation
• Continuous Improvement Drives Success
• Integrity and Transparency Guide Us
• Challenge Brings Possibilities
The Assistant Store Manager plays the role of a brand ambassador by representing the Disney brand to the Cast and Guests.
• Supports the Store Manager in achieving a high energy work environment and all Company goals and initiatives.
• Inspires Cast to achieve maximum performance levels through clear direction and daily feedback.
• Demonstrates the ability to foster teamwork and collaboration among Cast Members, peers and Home Base partners.
• Contributes to Store profitability through efficient use of payroll and expense controls.
• Lead one or more than one key function(s) of Store Operations (Recruiting, Scheduling, Cashier & Admin, LP/Safety, and or Sales)
Responsibilities:• Encourages the use of innovation, creative language, technology and product to bring stories to life for internal and external Guests.
• Shares knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for the Disney brand with internal and external Guests.
• Coaches others to achieve results through a sense of purpose, a spirit of cooperation and personal growth.
• Maps product placement to ensure adherence to display guidelines, fits Store architecture and contributes to the overall story being told.
• Ensures that Store is neat, clean, organized and that all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Promotes an environment that is inclusive of all Cast Members and the talents that they bring.
• Supports and participates in initiatives that give back and have a positive impact on the internal (Store) community and the external community.
• Adheres to all Company directives which promote the protection and preservation of the environment.
• Develops innovative ideas and encourages creative thinking for establishing best practices that will enhance the environment.
• Is open with all who interact with the brand. Treats everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
• Encourages people to work in a way that is fair, honest and trustworthy by being a role model.
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in retail
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks effectively
• Good understanding of business and financial concepts and demonstrated ability to lead the team to drive results
• Established time management, prioritization and organizational skills
• Exhibited proficiency for business acumen
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a positive attitude
• Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
• Good command in written and spoken English is preferred
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store Shanghai, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.