Assoc Mgr-Sales Planning and DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 782571BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Apr. 25, 2021
You are responsible for planning, developing, implementing different tactical promotions with each of these travel partners from time to time, working closely with the Project Management Officer (PMO).
You and your supervisor are responsible for handling all sales product requests from the Sales team and other sales leaders, by seamless coordination and execution with Sales Project Management Officer on review, approval, execution of each request. Along the process, you have to complete and double-check set up of these sales offers on different core systems, understand and overcome limitations on both internal and external resources, or even developing new workflows and processes to adequately support novel product formats.
The primary deliverables of this role are “sales product communication packages” that consolidate all the necessary information from the Sales team members need to execute the sales products with their partners. With support from your leaders, you will also help to ensure proper alignment of products across different channels, and avoid unwanted conflicts in product offering.
- You will plan and develop sales product coordination and execution for the Sales team, in close collaboration with all relevant internal Lines of Business partners, including Revenue Management and Analytics, Finance, Food and Beverage, Merchandise, Park Operations, and Hotel Operations, etc.;
- You need to complete and double-check product set up on key systems;
- You will develop “sales product communication package” for each sales product;
- You will handle questions from the Sales team and trade partners on product terms and conditions, sales and fulfillment flow;
- You need to provide appropriate reporting, tracking and insight into the performance of the products you sell;
- You will take up other projects and initiatives related to the Sales team on products, e.g. developing new end-to-end processes for novel product ideas, refining current workflows and processes for higher efficiency;
- You need to have an adequate understanding of every step along the end-to-end product cycle, from idea formulation to execution and evaluation;
- You will support the Senior Manager of Sales Planning and Business Integration to develop consistent strategic thinking and planning approaches across different sales teams (including templates, tools, etc.) and enable each sales team to do develop sales strategy;
- You need to identity, assess and prioritize new business growth opportunities;
- You will constantly optimize Return on Investment on headcount, co-marketing budget and other investment among different team, customer segments or business, both short term and long term.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, MBA degree preferred;
- At least 5 years of sales or business development experience, consulting or strategic planning experience is plus;
- Strong communication and language ability, strong numerical sense is also crucial in order to handle different price points of products on a daily basis;
- The ability to handle product ideas and solving product sales and fulfillment obstacles;
- Capable to interact with a wide range of internal partners during the course of daily work, such as different channel management teams within the sales organization, Revenue Management and Analytics, Finance, Food and Beverage, Merchandise, Park Operations, Hotel Operations, etc. and interaction at different levels (managers and working levels);
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to put together effective product descriptions, terms and conditions, etc. and result-oriented;
- Strong ability to think strategically, while also getting down to the business of approving and refining strategies. A driver with efficient and effective communication skills.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.