Assoc Safety EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 818596BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
• Assist to identify all Attraction related regulatory requirements based on National and Municipal laws, codes and standards;
• Sustain related technical standard, research and comparison of the safety standard system on amusement devices between China and the United States and promote the integration of relevant standards；
• Work closely with and leverage various internal Shanghai Disney Resort teams throughout the implementation of attractions’ safety. (Walt Disney Imagineering, Ride Engineering, Attractions Engineering Services, Attraction Operations, Legal, Licensing & Permitting, etc)；
• Safety representative of Ride and Show Engineering department, responsible for safety management and implement on amusement devices related；
• Take part in technical investigation, work with professional engineers to analyze the root cause of incident or failure；
• Take part in ride components and solution design from safety point of view；
• Solicit input from various Disney Parks, Experiences and Products(DPEP) global partners, teams and committees to ensure the compliance program also complies with DPEP standards and best practices；
• May be required to travel within China as well as to the US and other international locations as needed；
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.