Associate Art DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 788102BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
- You need to demonstrate ability to interpret artistic concepts through various visual mediums;
- You need to find creative solutions to logistical or financial project constraints while preserving the integrity of the show;
- You will assist the Art Director and be responsible for the creation of scenic or set designs, parade floats designs, props designs, show signage designs, etc., for Entertainment shows and events;
- You will assist the Creative Director, Creative Manager and Show Director to oversee the artistic creation of concepts and the creative development of shows, events or projects;
- You will maintain scenic props and creative intent of Shows, Atmosphere Entertainment, Parades to ensure show quality by partnering with the Show Director;
- You need to have in-depth knowledge of the entertainment industry with good networks of scenic vendors;
- You will assist Art Director to balance creative intent with budget parameters to realize show or event objective;
- You will work closely with technical team to develop scenic bid packages;
- You will supervise contractors and vendors in the construction of all scenic elements, parade floats, props, etc.;
- You need to develop and produce presentation art;
- You need to ensure ongoing show scenic elements are maintained;
- You need to maintain high awareness of Disney and industry standards (including Safety) and creative trends;
- You will need to communicate effectively with other teams;
- You will need to accomplish other assignments from the leader on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Scenic Design, Production Design or related discipline with 5 Years’ experience in theatre and set design;
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, CAD or similar computer drafting software;
- Possess theme park or live theatrical entertainment experience;
- Possess strong artistic, drafting and computer skills;
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Good communication skills in both English and Mandarin;
- Detail oriented, and ability to handle confidential information;
- Possess good coordination skills and organizational skills;
- Patience, prudency and honesty;
- Possess mature, credible and strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate flexibility to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with continuous change to prioritize conflicting needs;
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship and fostering a team environment.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.