Associate Engineering Service Manager, AttractionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 769114BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 12, 2021
- You need to demonstrate a visible commitment to safety
- You need to ensure the safety, reliability and show quality of assigned assets
- You will provide leadership to approximately 10 maintenance technicians performing daily preventative and corrective maintenance on attractions
- You will establish work schedules, shift assignment and work prioritization
- You will provide leadership, guidance and technical support to direct reports
- You need to assist in the creation the departmental Annual Operating Plan (budget)
- You are responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed
- You need to use root cause analysis to prevent failures and drive improvements; deliver good quality maintenance
- You will join the rides installation, testing and adjustment during the project phase, support other team and finish the assignment by them. Proactively learn and master the rides equipment and system
- You will participate in the recruitment, hiring and training of maintenance staff.
- You need to manage services received by vendors and contractors
- You will support attractions’ spare parts plan
- You need to prepare the team members training plan, and be willing to coach technicians with different training resources
- You will complete other assignments as deemed appropriate by their Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred)
- Having more than 6 years of experience in Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance and at least 2 years’ leadership management with a team
- Experience working in a maintenance environment with knowledge of maintenance work processes, trades, tools, equipment, etc.
- Have knowledge of financial management
- Have knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS); and Experience with Maximo system is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills (partnering, mentoring, coaching, etc.) in diverse culture working environment
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese and English
- High technical competence and good decision-making skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as the skill to continuously improving process
- Be able to read drawings and schematics
- Be able to develop management reports, accurately report information, and deliver good quality maintenance on time
- Be strong in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); CAD skills preferred
- Have ability to interact with various levels within the company
- Be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays as deemed required by management
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.