Associate Finance Manager
Shanghai, Mainland China
As a Finance Manager, you will be a vaue added partner while working closely with business leaders to support strategic planning development and annual operating planning to ensure the business is making sensible financial decisions and moves toward long-term financial success. Enable the business to strike a fine balamce between being flexible and being the gatekeeper, willing to support the business by taking calculated risks, yet constantly monitoring business health against benchmarks. In this role, you will be an insightful financial consultant that provides relevant analysis and solutions to new business issues and changing environments.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at The Walt Disney Company?
- Skilled presenter
- Technologically savvy
Job Summary:We are seeking for candidates with accomplished professional experience, curiosity and desire to learn and grow, demonstrated analytical skills and outstanding academic records to fill the position Associate Finance Manager, who will provide analytical, financial, and business support to different Lines of Business of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- You will develop and take the ownership of financial models and analyses to support key business decisions, business case development, professional forma analysis and supporting Annual Operating Plan and periodic forecasting cycles;
- You will coordinate with different internal teams on cross-functional projects focused on strategic aspects of the business, and creation of presentations to senior leaderships;
- You will act as a key partner of the Technology & Digital function and play a critical role in the company’s technology related investment decisions, need to proactively identify existing or potential issues in this function through finance analysis and make recommendations to resolve problems.
- With MBA or other Master’s degree in related field and 5 to 7 years of multinational corporation experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 6 to 8 years relevant multinational corporation experience
- With work experiences in project finance, operations finance, financial or business planning and development, financial reporting, financial management and controlling or accounting;
- Advanced proficiency in quantitative analysis, problem solving and financial modeling;
- Demonstrated partnering, relationship-building, influencing, and communication skills up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner;
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision;
- Strong logical thinking and analytical skills, be able to analyze data accurately and effective;
- Quick learner, good business sense and with attention to details;
- Ability to work in a project team-oriented environment in a multi-national company;
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of financial systems (e.g. SAP) and software with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques;
- Fluent in spoken and written both Chinese and English.
Additional Information:We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – welcome and entertain millions of guests each year from across the country and around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all newly-hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their onboarding dates.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical and Health and Wellness Programs provided.
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best- entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Learn more here.