Associate Manager, Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 770414BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jan. 15, 2021
This position should possess commercial sensitivity, excellent leadership skills, cross–department partnership skills, have a strategic vision, and be able to communicate confidently with a variety of external and internal teams including senior leadership.
Responsibilities:1. New Business Development
Assist Merchandise Business Development Manager to explore and develop new business opportunities, discuss with related departments to finalize business model, follow up related process of getting approval, establishing project and execution. Associated responsibilities include:
- Explore new business opportunities upon market needs and business strategy
- Take lead in negotiation with internal and external stakeholders to develop a concrete business plan
- Design business operation model
- Conduct feasibility analysis
- Work with related departments to conduct cost and revenue analysis
- Complete project approval process
- Establish project plan and key milestones
- Follow up on the progress of plan execution
- Evaluate the project success
2. Events and Projects
Planning, leading and summarizing events and projects initiated by Merchandise. Supporting other events or projects initiated by other line of business. Associated responsibilities include:
- Overall plan development
- Participate in revenue target setting
- Cost estimation
- Plan details
- Resource identification
- Partner with stakeholders to clearly、 identify 、confirm and implement all the details
- Lead the execution of the events/projects
- Be accountable for the adjustment of the details (timeline, costs, qualities, etc.) as the event evolves
- Post event summary. Analyze the results of events and include a lessons learned document that will enable continuous improvement of future events and projects
- Support events and projects initiated by other lines of business by integrating the resource of the merchandise team
3. Merchandise Third Party Vendor Management
Manage merchandise third party vendors, provide assistance and resources to ensure smooth operations. Help them develop business strategies and adjust business tactics to maximize business results.
- Remain aware of the daily operation and business conditions
- Participate in new product development planning
- Assist in pricing new products
- Track and analyze business conditions according to revenue report
- According to business needs, update or amend the contracts
- Ensure that all the vendors and their manufactures obtain FAMA certification
- Ensure that all the merchandise labeling meets the compliance requirements
4. Partner with Corporate Alliance & Operating Participant Team
- Review the merchandise that all operating participants will sell throughout the resort
- Assist with the events and promotions that our alliance partners initiate
- Help to explore the feasibility of co-branding opportunities
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent
- Proven retail or store operations related experience, project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent time management ability (good at prioritizing different missions and execute efficiently)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills; Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoints
- Demonstrated strong partnering and working relationship skills while is able to work independently
- Demonstrated positive attitude with the ability to be responsive to feedback; Ability to work as part of a high performance team
- Demonstrated strong communication skill, ability to communicate tasks with senior leaders
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Willingness to learn new skills and process
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.