Associate Manager, Consumer InsightApply NowApply Later Job ID 763812BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 19, 2020
Are you looking to be a part of a team that is in the business of bringing people together and creating meaningful, positive memories for consumers that could last for a lifetime?
Are you passionate about leveraging the voice of the consumer to drive business strategy and inform execution?
Are you constantly seeking opportunities to learn and grow as a Consumer Insights professional – sharpening both your research and storytelling acumen?
If the answer is “yes”, then consider joining Shanghai Disney Resort as Associate Manager, Consumer Insights!
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics is an analytics & insight team within Shanghai Disney Resort that informs strategy development and decision-making through data, analytics, and insight. It is one of the biggest client-facing insight departments in the nation, with numerous specialists, analysts, and researchers of different levels working on Qualitative research, Quantitative research, and Big Data Analytics. It offers a wide variety of exciting assignments and projects from upstream resort concept and product development to marketing/sales/digital strategy and content development, to guest experience optimization for the theme park/themed hotels/Disneytown, to Data Mining/Exploration/Visualization of its vast amount of online and offline data. The possibilities are infinite – come join the vibrant, open, dynamic, talented, and passionate team!
- Manage all phases of the market research process including needs identification, project design, survey design, analysis, and presentation of results, provide consultation to internal clients, including executives
- Synthesize results to provide objective, clear and actionable insights that allow management to make fact-based decisions
- Ensure consumer perspectives are front-and-center across all Line of Business’ strategies
- Provide regular status updates and share consumer insights gleaned to leverage market knowledge across a broad spectrum of Cast Members/Line of Business
- Bachelor degree (MBA preferred)
- Hands-on marketing researcher with 6+ years’ experience in Marketing Research
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a research role in Mainland China
- Demonstrated partnering skills
- Critical thinker, able to sort through complex business issues to develop research plans
- Able to think out of the box and willing to try different research approaches
- Able to conceptualize and build an analytic plan, design questionnaires or discussion guides, and analyze and summarize data
- Demonstrated ability to translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through compelling reports and presentations that tell a story
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative preferred
- Hands-on experience with SPSS/SAS or similar package preferred
- Written and verbal fluency in Mandarin and English
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.